Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does any one use flat AD marks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

me2893

04-28-2011

The ones that give 0.95 attack damage. I was just thinking that using those simultaneously with armor pen masteries/quints would make last hitting really easy. As far as I know, no one uses them because they argue that you should just get better at last hitting and armor pen is more valuable. Just curious though if anyone tried them and found them useful.

ForeverLaxx

04-28-2011

I use them on Akali. And that's it.

ironblades

04-28-2011

udyr tiger stance jungle becuase of his amazing scaling on tiger now and how tiger dosen't scale with armor pen

Regatz

04-28-2011

Armour pen is more beneficial since your damage deals an extra percentage opposed too flat damage on heroes with higher armour than creeps.Some heroes need the extra attack damage though eg.Akali needs 10 damage from runes+masteries to activate her passive.

BrotherCaine

04-28-2011

Jungle trundle uses them because his bite scales nicely off them early.

RollingWreck

04-28-2011

I use them for early game advantage in pvp with my attack speed runes for Tristana. They quickly steep lose potency though and I rely almost exlusively on my gear set after that.

Morsigil

04-28-2011

Jax isn't a bad choice for AD runes, since whatever number you end up with is also 3x that amount of health for him.

Consider this: 9 marks at .95 = 8.55 x 3 (passive gives Jax 3x bonus AD and 2x bonus AP in health) = 25.65. Basically taking AD marks gives him a long sword and a flat health quint.

I was not the first to come across this information, and there is a caveat. The author of this guide states he prefers to take AS marks with Jax on Summoner's Rift. http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/11720-a-n-overly-comprehensive-guide-to-the-grandest-master-at-arms.xhtml

nVCriTiCaL

04-30-2011

DPS Udyr.... Nuff Said

Sky Avenger

04-30-2011

i use this on jax to boost his passive and early damage

Ventus72

04-30-2011

Always AD marks on jax, helps deal 200 damage on 1 jump