How good is jungle trundle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

22lazy

04-28-2011

How good is he, full breakdown: jungle time and suscpetibility to counter jungling, ganking, team fights.

I liked him at first but then started to find if he didn't get at least 2 kills in laning phase ganks he was underwhelming for the whole of mid game which usually meant I lost.

Maybe I was building wrong?
I was going yomuu's, sheen, BV and sterk's.

Thoughts? Anyone a good trundle player or seen high elo players use him in streams care to comment?

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2011

Try out this Trundle Guide. I think your issue was that your not building tanky enough, this is why your suffering the games you don't get that early lead, building tankness on any melee dps is vital, especially if you havent secured some early game kills.

Mzum

04-28-2011

Stonewall has an excellent write up here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=492739

Stonewall covers everything in detail, and Trundle hasn't received any changes. His true strength is his ability to gank, go back to jungling, gank, jungle.... continuously. If the other team lets you roam freely, the only time you'll be going back to base is to spend your 4k for Frozen mallet and boots.

As for your items, you seem to be building very squishy. Phage at the very least, and honestly, Frozen Mallet is worth it.

ShallowJam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2011

I saw some discussion about trundle recently (since the jungle nerf, neutral creep buff) saying that his route isnt as safe now, or not doable at all using runes that used to work. anyone have any experience with this? Specifically im talking about starting vamp scepter

Nunchi

04-28-2011

Very good jungler. If you don't have the runes/masteries you will need a good ammount of help with blue buff right away. And he is a GREAT ganker. If the lanes are pushed I almost always get the kill and always waste their summoner spells.

I start with a cloth armor 5 hp pot and use almost all of them.
I like trundle better than nunu jungle to be honest. Although Nunu is a bit easier.

ironblades

04-28-2011

i prefer
AS/Armor/what ever / Armor pen quints
21/0/9
cloth and 5hp
standard blue route, he is fast. relatively safe

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=239
is a great guide

BrotherCaine

04-28-2011

I find catching people rather difficult and make the choice to give up ghost for exhaust.

People say 'rah rah, pillar is all you need' but for your first 4:00 gank (or an earlier gank on an overextended mid) you only have lvl 1 pillar and I find its never enough.

ReBorNKiLLeR

Recruiter

04-28-2011

Vamp Scepter Route is harder without the exact runes, but if you can get a ally to lure and help out its definitely doable without runes

I usually go standard Cloth Armor 5 pot though... Big Wolf only -Golem Camp - Wolves- ect. Trundle's Jungling is still top teir though.

Tha Dynamite

04-28-2011

Hes arguably one of the strongest junglers and one of the hardest to counter jungle. The only thing you can try to do is steal his Wraiths. A lot of people say that if you meet a Trundle in the jungle, you're most likely dead.

His ganks are also superb on the side lanes.
Your "not getting ganks during the laning phase" issue is an issue with ALL junglers. Its not just Trundle.
Btw, where is your Wriggle's Lantern? Its a pretty great item to have for any melee DPS jungler.

IAMIMP

12-30-2011

yup he always ganks side and sure win, so hard to counter trundle and he gets so op ganking people and getting fed while jungling master yi has no chance to win jungling trundle