Questions on Tank Yi!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2inchesofpain

04-28-2011

hello ladies and gentlemen and everything in betweennn.

what are some good SEALS for tank master yi? for runes.

i BUILD him warmog's, youmuu, atma, infinity edge, merc treads, banshee veil/frozen mallet/starks fervor. my current RUNE PAGE is attack speed quints/marks, magic resist/level glyphs, and a fat gap where my yell0wz belong. you can check my profile for all that shenaniganz.

also, i DON'T jungle, don't ask why just know that i sh*t on kids whether it's top solo, mid, or bot.

so what seals do u guys recommend, based on my build and playstyle. flat armor, armor/level, health. they all seem decent to me.

thanksss cuties!!

Octavusprime

04-28-2011

I would say that dodge runes maybe your best friend sir.

Kairno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2011

when in doubt, armor / level works
also,that's what i'm using on my tank runepages, and ~27 armor at level 18 is decent
or, you could get some mana regen if you feel the need

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2011

I'd take armor pierce red, mana regen yellow, and CDR blue. And whatever quints.

You aren't really going "tank", but playing tanky dps. Warmogs is a good item for yi since his health is very weak and he has the ability to get large MR/armor boosts....so warmogs adds tons of Effective health when channel-tanking damage.

Plus yi can farm reasonably well without needing a sunfire cape or any other item, other than some mana regen ideally. Hence, rushing a warmogs won't slow down his farm and will make him a lot tougher.

Vidal

04-28-2011

Since you stack pure hp early game I would go armor seals and magic resist/lvl blues and armor pen reds and armor pen/flat hp quints

ldfhndfjkndh

04-28-2011

Maybe flat armor seals? You don't really have any armor until you have Atma's Impaler, so it'll give you the bulk you need. Plus, they're optimum for a jungler, which is a role you opt to take if your team lacks one.

2inchesofpain

04-28-2011

nawww i'm cool wit my current runes. attack speed is to let me get early game kills easier, which i really need since the build is super expensive. mr/lvl is b/c the only thing stopping me late game is nukers and cc, both of which are magic dmg.

kinda leanin towards flat armor. why dodge runes though? they seem kinda useless.