Zilean Passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yudir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2010

Zilean's passive needs a nerf. Now that killing enemy champions doesn't rack up as much exp, your team can basically be shut down on your tower or ganked multiple times, and you'll still out level the enemy. Then with the addition of his ulti, towerdiving or powerpushing is just ridiculous. Just dominated an early game of Zilean, Soraka, Udyr, Alistar and TF, but even when we stayed in our lanes nearly the whole time they would match of exceed our levels, unbreakable will to hit the tower, heal heal heal, and res anyone who dies. If you noticed characters like Kassadin who thrive off of hero kills are no longer viable, and the entire game is warped around team composition, pushing, and heal/survivability, and this in my opinion calls for a nerf of Zilean.

All comments are welcome, open discussion encouraged.

Pyronymer

03-05-2010

I think that really Riot was foolish to think they could just go and change the basics of the XP system so dramatically without messing with the percentage XP bonuses from Zilean, AND from the few other sources you can get them.

I mean what about "changed the basic way you earn experience" leaves you with "but percentage bonuses wont need to change hey?".

I wonder what an all XP team line up might be like?

Zilean plus EVERYONE with XP masteries and runes maxed out. thats what? +18% XP all round?

Pick a bunch of farmers or characters that can really exploit a level advantage.

People should be building this team just to see what the limits of abusing this new XP system really are.

They should also try tower camping with it for further... er... experimentation.

Trisorion

03-05-2010

In regards to the point that Zilean's passive needs to change when the EXP gained changes:

You said it yourself.

Zilean's passive is a percentage bonus.

It automatically scales.

If you feel the exp from hero kills is too low compared to the exp from creeps then that is a problem with the exp system. Not Zilean.

Anyways, the first post sounds to me like " I am calling for a nerf because the other team had bettter teamwork and composition. What is this support 'healing' BS. Five carries should always win. "

Kokirri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-05-2010

Zilean, OP? Really? *laugh (walks away)

IamGrimm

03-05-2010

In fact, I have always wondered if that passive of his even works correctly.
No really, I never notice that they have an advantage (or me when he is on my team for that matter)

Also: *Points Kokirri and Trisorion*

Yudir

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokirri View Post
Zilean, OP? Really? *laugh (walks away)
Please, troll more. It's delicious.

"Zilean's passive is a percentage bonus.

It automatically scales."

You're missing the point, his passive could be counteracted before this patch if you outplayed the other team, killing them to compensate for the experience difference, but now you can't.

"Anyways, the first post sounds to me like " I am calling for a nerf because the other team had bettter teamwork and composition. What is this support 'healing' BS. Five carries should always win."

Actually we were wrecking them, but in the end composition and the ineffectiveness of having more kills made it futile. Yes, I do have a problem with the sudden shift to a composition-relient play style. If you notice now Kassadin will probably never be played, whereas Sivir will be seen every other game. As for heal, I have seen some very good suggestions for Executioner's Calling that I think are more balanced that its current active.

This game used to be playable without making 5 man premades to maximize a team's tower pushing potential, but the tower set up is inherently in conflict of the new exp system and healing capcity. By your logic the old playstyle of Alistar + 5 promotes would be an example of better team composition and teamwork, right?

Craixis

03-05-2010

But that bonus is ended at level 18, and most of the time the noticed EXP gain is only about 2 levels...
And yeah, if you won, obviously he didn't do that much to stop you, so logic would dictate that since you're complaining about how OPed it is now, that you lost and don't wanna sound like a noob whose QQing...

Pyronymer

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisorion View Post
Zilean's passive is a percentage bonus.

It automatically scales.
The math don't work like that.

The changes to the basic XP system are quite fundamental.

Multiplying a fairly flat linear progression by a percentage and multiplying a flexible sliding scale by a percentage are two very different fish.

It went from a basically flat rewards system where you could outpace the opposition significantly in levels to a scaling "soft" system where it is actually very hard to earn a significantly different amount of XP to your opponents.

Unless you just earn +18% XP due to abilities. Then since its very hard to earn a different BASE amount of XP... you basically just get a nearly guaranteed 18% more than they do.

Now sure back in the OLD system that 18% arguably had much nastier implications for a minority of games where the +18% team was already ahead because it would multiply a bigger advantage.

But now it has significant implications far more often because base XP earnings will be a lot more equal far more often.