Would a character story ending cinema be a good idea?

Yes 6 60.00%
No 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Interesting lore idea, character story ending cinemas.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Loose Groose

05-31-2012

Note - I'm a bit new to League of Legends and I'm quite new to the forums so if I post this idea in the wrong forum please let me know and I will take it down, I thought I should ask the lore lovers this question though! So here it is:

Alright so we all love the character stories and most if not all of the champions in the League of Legends have some goal for why they are in the guild or a purpose. I will be using Urgot as a prime example because I am most familiar with him. Right now the stories are without end, Urgot is in the League of Legends because he wants revenge on the man who killed him, this being Garen. So what if they implemented a system in which you could view your characters story completion in a high quality, realistic cinematic! The system could be a story mode, could be a simple arcade mode, or it could even be a button to view the cinematic. Basically for Urgot, a cinematic that could be a brief 2 minutes of him fighting Garen and getting his revenge. However this wouldn't be the case if you view Garen's cinematic, as he attains his own goal. One prime example I was inspired by was the stories you would get after completing the arcade mode in the Soul Caliber games. If you have any feedback, positive or negative, on this idea please leave it. If this should be in the game, how would it work? Would it be a story mode or would it be a quick little button you press to view the cinematic? Or would it be a milestone achievement of sorts you have to unlock?

Shadow Master

05-31-2012

Can't bring any sort of finality. The primary product -- the game -- has to be ongoing, so the story does too.

A better idea would be lore-based media that depicts events outside the League, such as Noxus High Command executing a plot to assassinate enemy champions outside the League but being foiled, then it all turning into a huge conspiracy that slowly but surely stars unraveling.

Nyruk

06-01-2012

While I do like the idea of a "story mode," Maligan is right that there can't really be an end, as the lore continues.

Little lore videos would be neat, but not Ending Cinematics.