LoL Crashes on game start-up

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shmeeps

03-04-2010

Ever since about two patches ago my LoL has been crashing after we choose our champions and the game begins to load. This is really quite frustrating as I usually only play with friends, which makes them down a player.

I've read through the logs generated and tried to track down the error. It seems to be a graphics related error, hence by these lines:

Code:
000002.288|   57524.0000kb|      0.0000kb added| ALWAYS| Eternity::PerfTest::DetermineVideoMemory() exit
000002.521|   58900.0000kb|   1376.0000kb added|  ERROR| Crash Occurred
000002.521|   58900.0000kb|      0.0000kb added|  ERROR| Crash Occurred
I've re-installed LoL, Adobe Air, and my nVidia graphics drivers, adjusted the games settings through the nVidia control panel, edited my video settings in the LoL config, and read practically every forum thread about this problem that I could find, but still to no avail.

If anyone could point me in a direction to help get this sorted out, it would be greatly appreciated. I've submitted probably arouind 50 BugSplat reports through all theses crashes, but I'll also attach my logs and a screen shot of the error in action.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

03-04-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We fix crashes based on those bug splat reports every patch, so it may be fixed when the next one is released (can't say when). I have kind of a wacky suggestion; try uninstalling LoL, uninstalling Air, then create a new Windows administrative account using Control Panel. Log off (don't just switch users) and log back in to your new admin account. Re-download and reinstall the game from http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/download

shmeeps

03-05-2010

It's funny, I actually did try that too. That was given as a suggestion for some problems occurring with World of Warcraft not starting up due to some permissions being screwed up using only the default administrator account (which has so far solved that problem). That didn't do anything to LoL, as far as I noticed though, the error started occurring a week or so after I created the new account.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2010

Do you remember when the crash actually started(With the patch?)? Did you do anything before it started doing this?

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

03-05-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

You should install any available Windows updates, including updates to DirectX. The first thing I would do is update to Windows XP Service Pack 3:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

You have to open that link using IE.

shmeeps

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefam View Post
Do you remember when the crash actually started(With the patch?)? Did you do anything before it started doing this?
It was about 2 patches ago, maybe a few smaller ones before it. The actual error occurred then, but usually I could restart the client (or in worst case, my system) and it would boot up and run fine. It's not until about a week ago that it started occurring every time i started a game and was not able to be fixed by restarting the client or my computer.

As far as I know my DirectX is up to date, but I'll check all of that.

Dret

07-29-2010

The same exact thing is occuring to me. It started yesterday. It feels like my GPU is crashing abour 2-3 seconds after entering a LOL game. It used to only happen the first time I played a new game. Now it is happening all the time.

Is Harmless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

Im having the same problem, yesterday morning was working fine, then when i tried later on that day, i joined game and it crashed as game started up, and has done it every game i have tried to join since

Harkat

07-29-2010

Mine just started crashing when the match begins, 20 minutes ago. It has done his a couple times beforehand but never this extreme

TheKevinEffect

07-29-2010

same here started yesterday