Ree Sin is Boldelrine lasist.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defect

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-15-2011

His voice and diction are borderline racist (specifically his /j). I don't remember the exact /j, but it was something like "brind peepoh smerry." Seems more like a Family Guy joke than a LoL champion joke.

Borkcire

04-15-2011

Uh what?
What's wrong with having a calm and soothing voice?

Defect

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkcire View Post
Uh what?
What's wrong with having a calm and soothing voice?
His L's are R's and his R's are L's. The way he speaks just sounds like a bad joke on Asians. Like that one Superbowl commercial with "ring ring" the lice eating pandar.

rangerike1363

04-19-2011

Admittedly I think his voice sounds more like he's Hispanic than Asian and if you didn't know Japanese does not have an "L" sound or character, thus they replace it with "R" while Chinese actually has an "L" sound and characters to match. So, with him being Lee Sin, he would be Chinese and thus, wouldn't mix up R and L. Also he does not mix it up either. I don't know what kind of crappy speakers you are listening to the game sounds on, but with my nice stereo system, it is obvious he is saying "Blindness is no impairment against a smelly enemy."

Chancellor Ouron

04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerike1363 View Post
Admittedly I think his voice sounds more like he's Hispanic than Asian and if you didn't know Japanese does not have an "L" sound or character, thus they replace it with "R" while Chinese actually has an "L" sound and characters to match. So, with him being Lee Sin, he would be Chinese and thus, wouldn't mix up R and L. Also he does not mix it up either. I don't know what kind of crappy speakers you are listening to the game sounds on, but with my nice stereo system, it is obvious he is saying "Blindness is no impairment against a smelly enemy."
Little nitpick, but there's no "China" in the LoL universe.

Robot Yuri

05-04-2011

That is what certain Asian accents do indeed sound like. That's like saying that the female characters are sexist because they're voiced by women.

Also, his joke is that the enemy smells so bad that he doesn't need to see them. Because of how bad they smell. Do you get it yet?

Thivus

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Ouron View Post
Little nitpick, but there's no "China" in the LoL universe.
Ionia is pretty much india/china/japan

Centuros

07-21-2011

Hey, wouldn't it be more racist if EVERYONE spoke perfect english? Not everybody in this world even KNOWS english! What about a champ that speaks Spanish, or German? (though I don't know about languages in Valoran...)