A New Champion Approaches: Ezreal, the Prodigal Explorer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anewstereophonic

03-04-2010

Is it me or has anyone been finding the last few character designs a little lazy? I mean there was a spartan straight out of 300, Sauron from Lord Of The Rings and now this new character looks almost like a carbon copy of Layle from Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers. I'm not saying they are ripoffs, just not entirely original in design. I think the artists are more creative than this, lets see some wacky inspired designs like the originals!

FETUS TAMER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

Im suprised noone has mentioned this yet, did anyone else realise the problem with our latest champion? absolutely no CC

the teleport sounds like the only useful ability, unless the range is significant, this champ is going to die with mordekaiser and gragas.

MMKH

03-04-2010

Cool, a new ranged champion.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewstereophonic View Post
Is it me or has anyone been finding the last few character designs a little lazy? I mean there was a spartan straight out of 300, Sauron from Lord Of The Rings and now this new character looks almost like a carbon copy of Layle from Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers. I'm not saying they are ripoffs, just not entirely original in design. I think the artists are more creative than this, lets see some wacky inspired designs like the originals!
Or Vaan from FF12, or that one guy from last exile, or harry potter, or...
Well, he looks like a LOT of people.

Seems to me that Riot is not the only one that's lazy. :P

BiCuriousGeorge

03-04-2010

so when is he most likely going to be in public play? any one know?

The 42nd Gecko

03-04-2010

Ok, to the points about "0 CC" meaning worthless.

There once was a champion with no CC. Everyone cried for a nerf. The nerf resulted in the rather lackluster Katarina we have now. Katarina right now is underpowered, but, even without CC, she used to be strong enough that people cried for a Nerf.

If this champion has the AP ratios, cooldowns, and such, (and I can see a lot of similarities between this guy and Katarina), he can still be balanced.

And I'll be saving up IP, because he's like both Morgana and Katarina, my two favorite champions, with an Art Style I really like.

Dropkick Murphy

03-04-2010

I'm buying him for the sole fact that he's a caster!

Karanji

03-04-2010

A new character, how exciting. I am looking forward to trying to master his playstyle. I have no had much luck with Mordekaiser ~_~.

Quick Question: Can the Community Manager or Administrator let me know how the whole Champion design and selection process works?

I work in ID and Concept Design and am interested in submitting some ideas/mock ups.

Best Regards,
Karanji

BOWDOWNTOKIRBY

03-04-2010

im gettin dat fo sho

Shagstheclown

03-04-2010

looks cool keep up the work release the new champs with skins wooo