Questions of Malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M4nTiCoR3

04-27-2011

Quote:
What I did, and what's worked for me so far, was come up with three builds: Magic heavy, Physical Heavy, and Balanced. At the start of the match, I pick which build I'll be using, and go towards it. I then polish the builds after the match (Get this item first, build this way, etc).
This is pretty rock solid advice. A generic core build with decent items will work in a lot of pub games, even if it isn't optimal. Becoming a great Malphite player means nothing is off the table, and being willing and watchful enough to adapt to the enemies and your own team's decisions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larson McMurphy

04-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap81 View Post
I have even seen a really neat trick in coordinated teams where he pops Shurelya Revelrie on his team before ulting to make sure they get in quick to take advanatge.
So I've been trying out Malphite lately. I really like using Shurelia's Reverie on Alistar, but I haven't tried it on Malphite yet. This seems like a brilliant way to use its active though. Strangely though I haven't seen it recommended in any guides (most of the Malphite guides are outdated anyway). Does anyone have any input about this? Any success stories about using the reverie?