Evidence to proof Low ELO Hell probably exists, and the injustice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regatz

04-28-2011

1100 elo is the best place to learn the game imo if you are good enough then you will get past 1400 elo eventually and then your elo will keep dropping/increasing untill it stands still and you are at your true elo.Please understand though if you were bad enough to drop to 900 in the first place then you aren't that good a player.Being able to lane is only 1 aspect of the game no matter how well your laning is if you dont have map awareness or understand the game then you will never get past 1100 elo.This includes never overextending,knowing when to push/when to gank/when to recall and buy items,these things come with experience and if you keep trying to improve youll eventually get better

Tip to getting past 1100
Become Godlike with at least one champion this is something all high elo players have in common if you look at 2.2k elo players ranked stats you will see they all have 200-500 games with one champion eg,Hotshotgg Nidalee,Reginald Shaco,they know this champion inside and out and can react to anything thrown at them because they've already seen it before and know how to counter it.

Best player EU

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaiTsumi View Post
1100 elo is the best place to learn the game imo if you are good enough then you will get past 1400 elo eventually and then your elo will keep dropping/increasing untill it stands still and you are at your true elo.Please understand though if you were bad enough to drop to 900 in the first place then you aren't that good a player.Being able to lane is only 1 aspect of the game no matter how well your laning is if you dont have map awareness or understand the game then you will never get past 1100 elo.This includes never overextending,knowing when to push/when to gank/when to recall and buy items,these things come with experience and if you keep trying to improve youll eventually get better

Tip to getting past 1100
Become Godlike with at least one champion this is something all high elo players have in common if you look at 2.2k elo players ranked stats you will see they all have 200-500 games with one champion eg,Hotshotgg Nidalee,Reginald Shaco,they know this champion inside and out and can react to anything thrown at them because they've already seen it before and know how to counter it.
Hmm, I think that it maybe true i am not very good at the game when matched with certain teamates. However, i do know map awareness, not overextending, i know when to push, gank or recall. I have experience of higher elo gameplay playing in premades with teams that are 1600-1700 elo. And i am seriously not joking when i say i perform miles better than when i play at lower elo. I also watch a LOT of high elo gameplay from livestreams and also youtube. After a lot of watching you generally pick up a lot such as all the tips you signalled above.

As for the whole "godlike with one champ". I did play nasus loads and started to get really good. But i always found him really boring. :/

sehakoziel

05-01-2011

Trust me, you'd prefer to have a gerbil for your ally than some of my teammates...

I swear, I report at least one player every game. Every single game, whether on my team, or the enemy team. Harsher punishments are absolutely needed.

In fact, I just reported a player for being so unbelievably terrible, leaving half way through, coming back at lvl 9 when we're lvl 17/18, spamming chat and acting like a complete kid. The worst part you ask? He is HIGHER ranked than me !!!

I cannot for the life of me get out of ELO hell.. I just can't. It's so bad, I'm willing to pay a monthly fee just to get off their public server and away from all the trash I'm forced to play with.

cLHx1

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyWilco View Post
Good job. Part of the fact i am low is because i have 9 leaves. I also think that because i do not play ranked much may be a reason. But seriously how do you get 6 games without a feeder. I have about 6 games before i get someone else on my team actually get a positive score. (no kidding). I think i might post screenshots of the scoreboard from my next 10 ranked games in a row or something to try and show higher elo people just how bad teams can be.
It seems the lower elo im in, the better i do.. but once i get to around the 1200 mark.. its all the new people or people who dont give a **** about ranked... who are the LITERAL LOSRES of their previous games.. and usually they either re-queue over and over... or they arnt used to playing in ranked games and prepick champs...

i today myself lost like 4 games while only winning 2 ... so now my elo is back down.. but the only way is to try and climb back out

sehakoziel

05-01-2011

I wish I were you cLHx1. I'm finding the complete opposite. My rating is now 941, and I'm quite often carrying my team. I just lost a game where I was 5/0 to start, but Karthus in mid did so poorly that rumble (yes, rumble vs karthus) more than doubled his creep count, and he lost his tower while neut farming instead of being in the lane. Yet again, he was higher ranked than me. At end game, Karthus had 65 creep kills. Rumble had 145. We surrendered of course... but how can someone be that bad and be allowed to play ranked games at all?

chide da jungler

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyWilco View Post
Hmm this sounds likely, by leadership however i am not quite sure what you mean. I definitely attempt to "lead" my team through decisions and where to teamfight, when to dragon. But i found people didn't like having a leader and when i tried to get them to stick together or push different towers they often just raged and fed more.
Leadership in LoL is required to be 1300+. I'm not the best player ever, but here are some general tips that will bring you up a bit.

1. you must be proficient at every "role" in LoL because in low elo you can't be sure your team will be able to field every position. I'm not saying you have to be great, but a team without a tank/AD or AP carry/jungler is at a disadvantage. riot has done us the favour of putting most of the best champs in the game at the 1100 IP mark or 3300 mark: ryze, WW, shen, alistar, ashe, annie, janna (these are just suggestions).

2. when someone on the team is raging or trolling, you have to fight the urge to call them out for being a ******. you can win an argument or you can win the match, but usually not both. try and give them constructive feedback: "hey janna, you're doing a good job supporting xin, but try not go past mid without a vision ward or this eve is gonna get out of control."

3. communicate by typing and pinging mias. I personally get ganked at bottom by mid, then get mad and type in chat that mia wasn't called, only to see that it was but I didn't read it. make it hard for your team not to notice things by pinging mias.

4. recognise bad situations before they get out of control and try to counter them. it takes experience to see bad laning matches, but try and foresee the problem and get the right ppl in the right places. if you're in lane, your opponent is mia and you've called/pinged it, but mid just isn't reacting right, then you better start heading there right away to prevent your enemies from collecting another 450 gold.

Those points should get your ball rolling. After each game ask yourself what YOU could of done better, because ultimately that's all you're going to be able to change for next time. Good luck.

DarklordJoseph

The Council

05-01-2011

IMO 1300 = 1100 no difference

Best player EU

05-02-2011

Ok so im about 1050 Elo atm. I played with my friends who is 1500 elo. I asked around what my teammates elo were. The response ranged from 1500-1300.

Well in the game i probably performed MUCH better than i do at Low Elo because my teammates actually knew how to play the game. Overall i had much more fun and we won in the end

Best player EU

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan4life View Post
Leadership in LoL is required to be 1300+. I'm not the best player ever, but here are some general tips that will bring you up a bit.

1. you must be proficient at every "role" in LoL because in low elo you can't be sure your team will be able to field every position. I'm not saying you have to be great, but a team without a tank/AD or AP carry/jungler is at a disadvantage. riot has done us the favour of putting most of the best champs in the game at the 1100 IP mark or 3300 mark: ryze, WW, shen, alistar, ashe, annie, janna (these are just suggestions).

2. when someone on the team is raging or trolling, you have to fight the urge to call them out for being a ******. you can win an argument or you can win the match, but usually not both. try and give them constructive feedback: "hey janna, you're doing a good job supporting xin, but try not go past mid without a vision ward or this eve is gonna get out of control."

3. communicate by typing and pinging mias. I personally get ganked at bottom by mid, then get mad and type in chat that mia wasn't called, only to see that it was but I didn't read it. make it hard for your team not to notice things by pinging mias.

4. recognise bad situations before they get out of control and try to counter them. it takes experience to see bad laning matches, but try and foresee the problem and get the right ppl in the right places. if you're in lane, your opponent is mia and you've called/pinged it, but mid just isn't reacting right, then you better start heading there right away to prevent your enemies from collecting another 450 gold.

Those points should get your ball rolling. After each game ask yourself what YOU could of done better, because ultimately that's all you're going to be able to change for next time. Good luck.
As far as i know i fill all of the above points. I just dont think certain people understand how bad some people can be at the game. There is no point pinging because they dont understand what the word gank actually means. I finish games with teammates under 20 cs. With scores such as 0/5/2. Low elo sucks xD

chide da jungler

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarklordJoseph View Post
IMO 1300 = 1100 no difference
Isn't elo a statistical measure which places a certain proportion of the population above or below each point? If that is the case, then there is a 'difference' which is undeniable.

On a personal note, I started playing ranked when I hit 30, somehow got placed at 1400 then lost repeatedly into the 1100s where I stabilized and decided to play more normal games to improve my basic skills. I thought there was a noticeable difference in the level of play between the two points.

If there are terrible players in your elo, then it is your job to capitalize on their mistakes and minimize the damage of your own team's lack of skill. The baddies are as likely to be on your team as they are on the enemy team, so there shouldn't be a consistent (dis)advantage over a large sample of games.