Best runes for Shaco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

┴esthetic

04-25-2011

Help me please! Which rune set-up is the best for Shaco?

(obviously jungle Shaco)

What quints/seals/glyphs? My marks are going to be Armor pen

Quints : more armor pen / health quints / move speed ?

Ossus

04-25-2011

Depends, honestly, Mpen for marks would probably be better since alot of your jungle comes from your boxes and your shiv throw could sure use the boost. ArPen is only useful if you plan on strictly building AD as opposed to Madreds/Wit's End/Malady ect. or Trollface AP

Seals will be armor and Glyphs is a matter of personal prefference, CD reduction magic resist or Mpen are all decent choices and Quints are typically flat health (but you can probably get away with more penetration stats.

LCS Dyrus

04-25-2011

You need to be magic pierce-y, flooded with mana to spam JitBs, and CDRy for the same reason. But then again, I'm a mental case who uses 9/0/21 masteries for basically everyone.

Strongshocker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

There was a post by a 1700 shaco player a while back. He used attack speed blues and yellows, armor pen reds, 2 armor pen quints and 1 hp quint.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=45

I found his site very helpful for starting with shaco. While in the jungle the key is to learn the mechanic to get the minions to hit your jitbs, not you. I went from going about 1:1 kd ratio to about 5:1 using some of the tips this guy gives. Prolly the best shaco guide I've ever seen.

┴esthetic

04-25-2011

Thanks, Strong.

the 2 other people : Troll... i don't know what Shaco builds you two have seen but only builds on Shaco should be wriggles > madreds bloodrazor > tank. I would never use magic pen runes for Shaco~

SpecialDelivery

04-25-2011

Mine are Armor Pen / Flat Armor / Attack Speed. For Quints I recently started running Movespeed for faster travel between lanes but you can always use Flat HP if you feel too squishy or more AP Pen if you want to play more aggro.