Lee Sin - how to build this guy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xyZero

04-25-2011

Hi guys,

I would like to know how to build DPS lee sin.

He was created to be assasin - so building him as a tank is just wasting his true power. I have big problems how to scale his skill/items build to do decent dmg and farm well at early/mid.

First the skills. Hi's Q is superior, burst damage and teleport? Hell yeah! But is it ok to pump it up at few first lvls? Isn't better to max E first? WHY?

Q is a great openning to harras. After u hit the enemy you can teleport to him, burst him with double E and run away with W. Q gives more damage, but E helps you farm alot better. And as Lee Sin you are VERY item depend.

Maxing E makes farming alot easier.

About items:

I start with Sword + HP Potion. It's fair enough as i hit Q on lvl1, W on lvl2 and E till 6th.
So i can easly heal up with my W,W,E combo on minions.
First im building Brutalizer, which gives me alot of armor penetration (i got ArP runes and masteries) and reduce cooldowns.
Second i build boots. Here i got the biggest problem. Build Berserks or CD Boots? Or maybe more moblity and Swiftness?
After boots i realy dont know what to do. Buy BF Sword? Build something easier? As Lee Sin you need much AD fastest you can. Guinsoo is nice, but i wont depend on W. Last Whisper is useless as i wont target tanks anyway. Ghostblade? It's ok, but i think i can have MORE ad with other items. BFSword? It makes me running with Brut+Boots for a long time...

All guides says that u should build like Bloodhist, Cleaver etc. Yeah. Nice. But in early/mid you find yourself ganking , doing no damage and collectiong money for those *******s.

Riolicious

04-25-2011

I'd go for Ghostblade after your boots, but it really depends on your team comp, enemy team comp, and how your team is doing throughout the game.

KillSecurer

04-25-2011

I grab one level in each skill by level 3 then max the skills in this order QEW and his ult at 6 11 16
For my items i get:
Dorans Shield or Blade
Merc Treads
Last Whisper
Bloodthirster
Another bloodthirster or defensive items varying on opponents team

I find that last whisper is very important as it allows you to deal a half decent amount of damage early game.

This build works quite well for me

xyZero

04-25-2011

Last Whisper works in ealry for you?
Well i got 25 ArP from runes and 6 from masteries, that gives me 31 at start + Brutalizer = 41ArP

At early only tanks got more.
Even if they have like 70armor i get 15ArP from Last Whisper. Which is not quite much.

Dorans Shield + Merc + LW is quite ok, but isn't better to buy BFSword or Hexdrinker instead of LW?

Dorans : 475g
Merc: 1200g
LW: 2290g

Summing up: 3965g
Receive: 40ATK, +40% ArP, 25mresist, 100hp, 10armor, 8hp5

Brutalizer: 1337g
Boots of Swiftness: 1000g
Hexdrinker: 1800g
Summing: 4137g

Receive:+55AD, 30mres, +15 flat ArP, -10% Cooldowns, and shield every minute.

Brutalizer: 1337g
Boots of Swiftness: 1000g
BFSword: 1650
Summing: 3987g

Receive:+70AD, +15 flat ArP, -10% Cooldowns.

So buying a BF Sword first gives me 30more AD, buying Sword first instead of Dorans and making Brut gives me 15flat ArP and -10% CD's. And an open gate for Yuumis.

My runes are:
ArP Marks
Att Speed Seals
Flat CD Glyphs
ArP Quints

Edit:

But don't you think maxing E is way much better for Lee in Early? I can disable opponents better and farm much much faster.

Tripc0de

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

Masteries: 11/19/0(CDR and ArP) or 9/21/0 (Spell Pen and full defensive)
Runes: Hp quints/ armor seals/ ArP Marks/CdR Glyphs

Core Items: Wriggles/ Merc Treads/ Trinity(OR Frozen Mallet +Ghostblade)
Summoner Spells: Exhaust, Ghost, Ignite, Flash. Pick and choose 1 escape and 1 cripple spell. Personally, I like to use Exhaust+ Ghost, as my W is already much like a Flash.

1: Dorans Blade or Shield- Or long sword + Hp Pot
2: Vamp Scepter+ Boots
3: Finish Phage/ Sheen
4: Wriggles(Replace with another BT if endgame build is done)
5: Finish Trinity
6: BF Sword +Defensive Item (generally Banshees/Randuins)
7: Blood Thirster
8: Open Slot (Second defensive, or additional attack)

If Jungle:
1. Cloth Armor+ 5 pots
2. Madreds
3. Wriggles + Boots
4. Sheen
5. BF Sword
6. Trinity
7. Blood Thirster/ Defensive item
8. Open Slot
Skill Order: Q>E>W, Max Q,Get R, Max E, finish W.

Jungle Skill Order: W>E>W>E>Q>R ( I use the 11/19 masteries for faster attack speed)
Jungle Order (w Smite):
1.Wraiths, Smite blue wraith, W 2 melee, W etc.
2. Wolves, kill big wolf first,
3. Blue Golem>E(Make sure it hits the small creeps), 2Melee,E, 2 melee, W, 2 meelee, W, etc. Smite at 640 hp
4. Push/Gank top/ or go get Red buff
5. Mini Golems/Gank Bot/ Go B or>>>6 (Should be level 4 at this point around the 5:20 minute mark)
6. Wraiths
7. Wolves/ Gank mid/ Go B (Level 5)

I build Lee Sin a lot like Irelia and Corki. His abilities are quick CD, and spammable, thus proccing trinity to its full use. His W goes very well with wriggles lantern, and an early sheen makes full use of his somewhat high base damage.

Tripc0de

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

Quote:

But don't you think maxing E is way much better for Lee in Early? I can disable opponents better and farm much much faster.
Q> E in lane

Though they both scale 1:1 AD, Q you can double tap if you land it, netting you twice the attack damage for the same skill.

The second skill of E is just an attack speed and movement speed cripple- useless to spell users. I find more use out of harassing with q, and only using e for the surefire kill/slow gank.

The other thing with E is that its melee range. Though Q is a skillshot, its got huge range on it.

I find his W nets much more survivability needed for dives rather than the slow from the e, which is countered so much easier(Ghost, Flash, etc.)

However, if you were jungling, you would only have 1 level in q before your ganks, which might suit you better.
@ Level 6: 3 in W, 2 in E, 1 in Q, 1 in R

InitiateFailure

04-25-2011

Honestly I do a wriggles even if I'm not jungling him. It just syncs with him so well after the changes.

Neutron Magnetar

05-07-2011

Heres what i do i get 3 Dorans Blades frist and i put one in each skill so i can hit with q then q agian then e then w and zip out taking little dmg and doing a decent amount after i get 3 Dorans i get Ionian Boots then i start making Tri starting with Phage (more hp and more dmg) making it extreamly difficult to kill me. I then get Zeal and then save money to finish Tri after that its save money till i get enough for a BF Sword that normally dosent take long though but it also depends on who your fighting if u have a Vlad on the other team a different item is the way to go (Madreds) i just started using this build on him and out of 8 games i won 6 and the other 2 i had a positiave scores even with 3 feeders in both games it works well for me but i have an aggressive play style thats how i play if u dont play like that then u probably wont be able to use the build as well

73lack Valor

05-07-2011

Dorans Blade
Boots 1 + Longswords (Brutalizer if you have the money)
Boots of Mobility/Mercs
Phage
Defensive Item/Triforce
Triforce/Defensive Item
Ghostblade
Bloodthirster
Last Whisper/Black Cleaver
Defensive/Offensive item depending on your situation

Sprinkle in some wards here and there.

Build has been working fairly well for me.