Vaporware

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

Vaporware is a term in the computer industry that describes a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially canceled.

I'm fairly certain LoL has been released, since I play regularly, and while I do have a vivid imagination, I'm pretty sure its not that vivid. Therefore vaporware not only does not describe LoL perfectly, it describes the exact opposite of LoL.

Its a free game, play it if you like, don't play it if you don't, but don't come QQ'ing about some BS because you feel entitled to more free stuff.

riotnumber1

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunghole View Post
Somebody doesn't know what Vaporware means.

Duke Nukem Forever is vaporware.

LoL is not. You're already playing it, aren't you?
Am I playing on Magma Chamber?

riotnumber1

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba View Post
Vaporware is a term in the computer industry that describes a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially canceled.

I'm fairly certain LoL has been released, since I play regularly, and while I do have a vivid imagination, I'm pretty sure its not that vivid. Therefore vaporware not only does not describe LoL perfectly, it describes the exact opposite of LoL.

Its a free game, play it if you like, don't play it if you don't, but don't come QQ'ing about some BS because you feel entitled to more free stuff.
Ahh.. the Riot zealot that claims everyone who has legitimate complaints is a free loader... so funny..

Cruisefix

04-24-2011

Also, since a good while none of the Reds doesn't even reply to questions about new map/observer mode/clan system anymore
which makes me worry

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

If you were to post a legitimate complaint you'd find out.

riotnumber1

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisefix View Post
Also, since a good while none of the Reds doesn't even reply to questions about new map/observer mode/clan system anymore
which makes me worry
Chinese Overlords are overpowered

riotnumber1

04-24-2011

Quote:
If you were to post a legitimate complaint you'd find out.
Ok.. if you went to the store and they advertised they were coming out with a tree that grew 10 kinds of fruit you would want to come back to get it. So you came back every day hoping it was there. Then 2 years later you are still coming back looking for the fruit tree, but it still isn't there....

Get what I mean?

Kinney

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunghole View Post
Somebody doesn't know what Vaporware means.

Duke Nukem Forever is vaporware.

LoL is not. You're already playing it, aren't you?
DNF is actually getting finished, though, so therefore it is no longer vaporware.

Starcraft: Ghost, on the other hand...

Dabba

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotnumber1 View Post
Ok.. if you went to the store and they advertised they were coming out with a tree that grew 10 kinds of fruit you would want to come back to get it. So you came back every day hoping it was there. Then 2 years later you are still coming back looking for the fruit tree, but it still isn't there....

Get what I mean?
If I pre-paid for said tree at the time of the advertisement, yes I would certainly be upset about that. If said store advertised that at some uncertain point in the future they would have a tree that grew 10 kinds of fruit, and they would be giving it away for free I'd say I'll believe it when I see it and move on. If that same store was supplying me with free fruit every day in the meantime, I would never, ever complain, because that would be selfish and petty.

Get what I mean?

riotnumber1

04-24-2011

Quote:
If I pre-paid for said tree at the time of the advertisement, yes I would certainly be upset about that. If said store advertised that at some uncertain point in the future they would have a tree that grew 10 kinds of fruit, and they would be giving it away for free I'd say I'll believe it when I see it and move on. If that same store was supplying me with free fruit every day in the meantime, I would never, ever complain, because that would be selfish and petty.

Get what I mean?
Selfish and petty, just like the microtransaction business plan. Screw over competitive players making them pay $100's or play more games than it even takes to learn the game just to unlock all of the content to be competitively viable.

That "fruit" isn't free.

12345612 ... 14