Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[GUIDE] - Mundo - How did u kill me so fast!??!??!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rueian

Recruiter

03-08-2010

Quote:
Denambren:
So.. I hate to be the party pooper at this newbie celebration of Mundo's greatness, but you should know that Mercury's Treads does not stack with Mundo's Burning Agony for CC reduction.

This opens up a new choice for boots for your builds - Mercury's Treads is a waste with Mundo unless you're looking to build MR-stacked tank, but personally I go with boots 3 when playing Mundo.
Boots of Swift sometimes Mobos for the lols
But yes, treads do not stack with my experience either. But then again I kinda out grew Burning agony aswell and save that skill solely for late game.

ObjectiveTruth

03-08-2010

Quote:
Denambren:
So.. I hate to be the party pooper at this newbie celebration of Mundo's greatness, but you should know that Mercury's Treads does not stack with Mundo's Burning Agony for CC reduction.

This opens up a new choice for boots for your builds - Mercury's Treads is a waste with Mundo unless you're looking to build MR-stacked tank, but personally I go with boots 3 when playing Mundo.

Sorry to pop YOUR bubble but the treads do stack according to Riot. Unfortunately, its multiplicative so it brings the total CC reduction to 56% instead of 80% as was initially put in my guide. It has been updated

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=795351#post795351

also, to gain the effect of Burning Agony you must have it on at the point where the debuff is applied.

thegamenet

Recruiter

03-08-2010

Hey ObjectiveTruth!

I have read over your guide and must say it is quite nicely done. I have opted to include it in the Lol Wiki (giving you full attribution and credit).

Nice work man.

Rueian

Recruiter

03-08-2010

That would explain why i didn't see much of a difference, I used to keep Burning agony on too much so i opted to just not use it as much. 56% is still pretty good. And if you are using Phantoms you dont really need the speed of Boots of Swift as much. Never thought it was 80% but felt it did stack in some way just not in a way that was too helpful in my play style.

But ya, you should try a Fort pot as your first item sometime. it allows for up to 5 potions but i often only take 2.

unentschieden

03-08-2010

It´s certainly counterintuitive but how would a Hybrid Mundo perform? I´m mostly wondering because of Rylaids scepter which, if it stacks would make BA a AOE slow and the Rageblade which is a cost effective item that Mundo would have no problem keeping "full". Due to Masochism Mundo pretty much needs Attackspeed for DPS and possibly Crit.
AFAIK BA has a AP rate of 0.4 which isn´t bad actually if we consider that it´s AOE, semipermanent and a Toggle.

Ryuuzu

03-09-2010

Quote:
Rueian:
That would explain why i didn't see much of a difference, I used to keep Burning agony on too much so i opted to just not use it as much. 56% is still pretty good. And if you are using Phantoms you dont really need the speed of Boots of Swift as much. Never thought it was 80% but felt it did stack in some way just not in a way that was too helpful in my play style.

But ya, you should try a Fort pot as your first item sometime. it allows for up to 5 potions but i often only take 2.

Fortitude + Masochism + Crit Chance + Crit Damage. Mundo crits for 200+ at the beginning of the game so all you need is a lanemate and you will always pressure them too much to be able to do ANYTHING. Sion stuns and Mundo cleans up. Pretty solid.

bardjeromeo

03-09-2010

i usually build a starks, and i definitely get spirit visage. also, i use tank runes for health per level, that way atmas impaler hits hard. if nobody else gets it, i usually get a aegis as well. for spells, i get flash and ignite. i have had an incredibly high success rate with this build, something like a 5:1 win ratio with it.

Orya

03-09-2010

I'm a rather new player. I tried this guide, and every opponent can kill me within half a second because I got no health. oO I mean what is the regeneration thingy of my ult good for, if everyone can kill me with two or three hits anyway.

Rueian

Recruiter

03-09-2010

@Orya: With Mundo it isn't so much surviving every hit, as much as hit and run, or out healing DoTs and Low DPS.

On another note for mundo players, At about level 10 (at least when i do it, i've done it at 8 but not sure if you can do it sooner) you can solo dragon fairly easily with cleaver and Masochism buff and if you drop below half just use your ult.

Epistemic

Recruiter

03-09-2010

I noticed there was no upgrade from Rejuv Pendant, is there a reason why you don't upgrade it into Spirit Visage?

Also:

Quote:
ObjectiveTruth:
Make sure you a ryze, a teemo, an ashe. anyone soft and chewy and watch as you take them down in 4 seconds flat.

Think you're missing a "Target"; as in "Make sure you target a..."