Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dou Queue SOLO ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JollyGreenGiant

Adjudicator

04-24-2011

WHY IS THERE DOU QUEUE IN SOLO RANKED???

the point of solo ranked is exactly that IT IS SOLO and not twos... so why is it allowed.. chance are when u have a dou queue they are both awful players...

DOTAmakesMeLOL

04-25-2011

should be single, and free champ roatations in ranked also increase the chances of picking someone you cant use

sefy98

04-25-2011

a lot of people play with just 1 friend and they needed a way for them to que up for ranked. it makes complete sense to me. you're still matched with random people.

Damieh

04-28-2011

Makes sense to me.

DusilB

04-28-2011

the point of dou queue is to be able to play with a friend while still playing on the solo queue circuit. yes its technically not solo then, but i for one don't have much fun playing the game anymore unless i have at least 1 person i know that a good player.

dou queue has alot of pros and cons,
pros being, you have an excellent early game because your working with someone you know. This also means a bit more coordination in teamfights, and ganks. only a good thing.

cons of dou queue:
dou queue is matched up with higher elo players, you would think its the average of the dou's elo, but its actually about the average +100ish elo. so a 1700 and a 1100, will be playing 1450ish rather than 1350ish. I believe this is done to balance the game out, 2 players know each other so to even the advantage, they play better people. your team however will be clustered around the 1350 mark.

OmegaSct

04-28-2011

i dont know, but its the only way i got out of Elo hell, so thank god.