"Red Team Has Destroyed A Tower" - ...What red team?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rattly

08-26-2009

This bothers me extremely. There is a blue team and a purple team, yet it is called the red team. Why?

Guinsoo

Game Designer

08-26-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Good point.

Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2009

*******http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg2/JohnBeso/RedSpartan.png********

Red team is on break.

HappyNihil

08-26-2009

It was originally a red team, the sides of the conflict are called Order and Chaos in gamefiles, respectively Red and Blue. For some reason that was changed to purple, no idea why. (its SLIGHTLY easier to navigate with purple creeps than it is with red ones on the screen if you want to have red enemy creep hp bars, but thats probably not the reason)

Profeta

08-26-2009

Because the purple team heart pumps red blood.

Irony

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlyn View Post
This bothers me extremely. There is a blue team and a purple team, yet it is called the red team. Why?
I never noticed that...

Killarny

08-26-2009

This will sound dumb, but it took me forever when I first started playing to figure out how to tell which team I was on when those announcements were made. I'd always be in vent going "wait, are we red or blue? how do you know that?". It didn't help that the enemy team champions always had red health bars.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-26-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Bug =)

Xl

Adjudicator

08-26-2009

Maybe it could play different soundbytes depending on which team you're on? As in, if your team destroys a turret you could hear "YOUR TEAM HAS DESTROYED A TURRET" and if it was the other team it could be "THE OPPOSING TEAM HAS DESTROYED A TURRET" or something?

Teran

08-26-2009

Do we really need a new thread pointing this out every day? I thought we received confirmation that this would be fixed eventually five times over now... but while we're on the subject, why purple?

Red vs Blue works well, Blue vs Purple less so... why don't we go with Cyan vs Purple, or better yet... Cyan vs Lavender.