Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MakesNoCents

04-24-2011

Curious, does backdooring abide by the [real] rules of LoL? Obviously it isn't liked amongst the community but do the staff of LoL allow this (if I may) tactic?

On a side note, personally it seems like the staff does approve of it because the towers and nexus aren't programmed to put up much resistance when there is no presence of minions around. Perhaps I'm too accustomed to DotA and its super-regenerating structures when creeps are not present..

Generally, is backdooring a bannable action?

Flying936V

04-24-2011

It's definitely not a bannable action.

ForeverSick

04-24-2011

Its actually a viable part of the game... those who cry about it dont know how to counter it.

cLHx1

04-24-2011

backdooring is allowed.. but alls you need to do to counter it is either have 1 person defend while 4 push.. or you get 1 person on your team with fortify.. this will help alot on the backdoor situation.. and you can even get the noob backdoors who wont go back when they see fortify. so you keep 4 man push.. fortify. 1 guy go to fortified tower.. BD shot down, and your team should win the push..

usually teams only Backdoor when they run out of options... i myself am always aware of the backdoor and i can usually predict when its gonna happen.

The worst of it is when the other team can successfully push back your team with only 4 players while 1 back doors... if you cannot stop a 4 man push your towers will get BD'd

MakesNoCents

04-24-2011

I know what it is and how to use it. I just wanted to know if it was acceptable. I have my answer. Thank you.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

04-24-2011

Towers have additional stats (armor, damage and attack speed, etc) when they are no enemy minions around.
This is there to discourage backdoring without making it impossible outright. So it's not like there's nothing present to counter it. And like it was said, it's not banable.

sefy98

04-25-2011

How is this even a question. This is like asking "Is using my skills allowed?" It's a game mechanic of course you're allowed to do it at any time. Sorry if this sounds rude I was just kind of dumbfounded.