High Ping Issues (500+)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mistahw00

04-24-2011

Hi, I've been playing LoL on this computer for several months now, and I haven't had any trouble with lag issues until I reinstalled LoL onto my computer today. I used to play with around 20~30 ping because I live in southern california, but I haven't had a decent game since the reinstall. I've noticed a drop in my FPS in-game, internet speed, and the LoL client's response time, and sometimes parts of the lobby screen are not displayed altogether. The only thing that may have been different is that I accidentally chose LoL to be installed on the desktop. The unpacked and installed files went to my system folders as it was supposed to, but there still was the pre-install version of the game in a folder in my desktop, named "LeagueOfLegends.NA.04_21_2011," with the data1 and data2.cab files. So I put this entire folder into the system files folder where LoL was installed, just in case. Now I'm playing at 500+ ping, and the attachment manager won't even let me upload the network test results from the sites recommended in these forums.

I tried reconnecting several times in the games, and restarted my router, to no avail. I have no idea what to do. Help please?

EDIT: The issue has been resolved, at least for now. It might have been a temporary thing. I'll update it if the problem comes back.

Ender Ender

04-24-2011

You're not the only one...reinstall or not...good luck if riot responds...i've given up and will just wait for the next patch.

mistahw00

04-24-2011

...anyways, bump.