Garen item build for solo 5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a Puppeteer

04-23-2011

Hi guys, I'm new and I'm really enjoying playing garen. I was wondering what would be a good garen item build for solo 5v5?

Thanks!

Isaac Wolfe

04-23-2011

This is the build ive started using since I began playing him and I like it alot.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...included-63144

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

I agree that boots of swiftness are your best bet. he needs the speed.

Sunfire cape is an excellent first item and really helps him farm. I wanna start with Warmogs, but sunfire is just too good offensively.

Instead of warmog you might consider other tanky items with more utility. Aegis is a great overall booster. Frozen Mallet is ok for Garen with a snare and AD as well as just health.

Atmas is very solid for its cost for high health champs like garen. He can use the crit, AD, and armor.

I dont like force of nature due to no health, so I just get Aegis and Negatron. But lategame you could upgrade the negatron.

Smellis

04-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Wolfe View Post
This is the build ive started using since I began playing him and I like it alot.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...included-63144
Follow this build except for...

Drop phantom dancer for a ghost blade. Ghost blade gives you vital stats that garen needs and your dmg isn't gonna come from auto attacks anyhow.

Drop Warmogs for a magic resist item. I usually go with hex drinker if the magic dmg isn't too serious or force of nature if there is 3 magic dmg champs.

Even with just sunfire/frozen mallet you have well over 3k hp and get plenty boosted from atma's.

The mastery in the guide is alright, i'd drop some outta defense tree so you can get the spell pen and armor pen in offense.