Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr's Guide to Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purutzil

04-07-2010

Quote:
Arkrothe:
Yes Armor and MR do make the shield more durable. So rather than stacking truckloads of HP(that's Mundo's Job) Armor/MR is better.
Ding ding ding! Exactly why Mord is a resist tank. Hes like Rammus, better built towards resistance rather then Health. Still theres some cheap items to get that can build up his damage and effectiveness. Abysmal Scepter is so beast on him in many ways.

Potions

04-07-2010

Oh wow, a Riot made guide. Fancy.

Rumbalaka

04-08-2010

hmm. intresting but I do not agree on the try to harass the other champ as much as possible when solo mid. For when you go solo mid you could also farm ALL the creeps or almost all. and about 3 creep spawns. Of crouse if you can hit the other hcamp while farming with one of your skills do so and dont take ignite get ghost, with your ult and the fact that youll outlevel them due to the neutrals you also farm you can do an INSANE tower dive. But my main point focus to farm not to harass at start this way you will always be fed at least I am

holistic

Recruiter

04-08-2010

for your anchor build, I would hold off finishing your boots until atleast your 4th or 5th item, The speed from merc treads is unnecessary that early game if you are tanking for your team as most enemies will come to you. Plus frozen mallet or ryies will keep your enemies close >: )

CnB84

04-26-2010

I'd like to mention that all of Kaiser's abilities are magical in nature. This includes Mace of Spades, Children of the Grave, and the accompanying Ghost.

To clairfy, when you use Mace of Spades, it will convert your next auto-attack into magical damage. It will scale with damage from items, but it will never crit. And naturally, armor reduction and penetration is useless in conjunction with Mace of Spaces.

Also, the Ghost from Children of the Grave, that deals magical damage. I know this because while the Ghost and myself have similiar damage values, the Ghost always does better against towers than myself. This is because I have magic penetration runes and masteries. The Ghost penetrates the magic resist, while I'm stopped by the armor.

In summary, if you want to DPS with Kaiser, items with high damage values like Blood Thirster or Sword of the Occult will benefit Mace of Spades more than something with crit damage or armor pen thrown into the mix. Same goes for the Ghost.

Onisaki

04-26-2010

Thats how I like to play a tanky morderkaizer:
9/21/0
Magic Penetration , dodge runes, Im buying magic resist next for blues(using MPen now).

magic penetration helps A LOT, all his skills hit for magic damage... also iirc it does affect sunfire capes.
since I dont get AP/DPS items, I think its awesome, 20% of your magic damage boost your shield, more magic damage = more shield

my item build is:
1x Spirit Visage ( magic resist which works with your shield, and some good regeneration so you can use your skills just fine (also more HP leeching from the ult I think))
1x Sorcerer Boots/Ninja Tabi/Mercury Treads depending on the other teams composition
1x Aegis (armor/M resist./HP and it also helps your allies)
1x Sunfire Cape (hp/armor and a cool dmg aura that gets boosted by MPen)

after this maybe another sunfire cape or a guardian angel, depends a lot.

For skills I like maxing W and E, maybe getting a point of Q.
I like his shield better than MoS for this build, +30 Armor/Mres helps almost the same as an Aegis and you can farm really really well with it(along with his E), it also has the intimidation factor mentioned on this thread.

OrthodoxChaote

04-26-2010

Interesting build idea. The gameplay is identical to mine, however I itemize a bit differently. If you ever get bored and wanna try this, it works pretty well: Get the regen pendant thing from Warmogs as your first item, then Boots of Swiftness, finish Warmogs then go Starks and just stack damage. Warmogs + shield = incredible tanking ability, the boots let you chase when you need to, and then the lifesteal keeps you swinging long after you should have gone down. The attack speed is quite nice as well. That's my suggestion anyway.

OrthodoxChaote

04-26-2010

Quote:
aBhorsenn:
The Warmogs is a waste of all that gold as it offers nothing to his shield.

Higher Armor/Magic Resist = Less points of damage taken = Shield lasts longer.

The thing is I've found that late game, your shield is going to go down and you're going to be eating Actual Damage whether you want to or not. However, that's a worthwhile point to consider. It's worked really well for me, but, might be worth trying something different at least to see how it goes.

OctopusDropkick

04-26-2010

You may want to remove GA from your anchor build and use Frozen Mallet and or Rlyais. Mord really suffers from lack of CC and not getting these items is something he can't afford to do.

Eat dat chammich

04-26-2010

Quote:
OctopusDropkick:
You may want to remove GA from your anchor build and use Frozen Mallet and or Rlyais. Mord really suffers from lack of CC and not getting these items is something he can't afford to do.

If your teamates have enough CC you can most certainly ignore those items. I usually get at least a phage but I'm just saying. Morde is fun because his items build is more fluid than any other champ that I've played with. Build to fit your team. Build to counter your opposition. Use your spikey head and you will win games.