Udyr's Guide to Mordekaiser

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaxx

03-10-2010

Quote:
So, why didn't you just give him one built-in if he's reliant on a snare to kill people?
Probably because there are plenty of items that do so already, there are plenty of other champions that do so already, and there are some champions that rely on other champions for these things, while they are, in essence, as Udyr put it, an Anchor for the team.

Maybe if you weren't trying to snipe kills from your carries, as a Tank, you wouldn't be worried about getting yourself kills.

OneEyedKing

03-10-2010

Just started 8-0 in a game with Mord. We won, he's sick.

People are bashing his W, but it's actually awesome. It's great for building your shield up, preventing damage, farming, and if you're surrounded by heroes it does a ton of damage. I actually max is before hammer, but that's due to a different build. For those attack damage guys, obviously go hammer.

I go Regrowth into Warmogs, then you have several options. Rylai's is sick for the AOE slow and health. Force of Nature gives you MR and crazy health regen. Aegis obv. I wasn't very impressed with Sunfire, but maybe i just need more time with it.

Mord is very cool, well-designed, and good without being great. Well done guys.

Spoonmaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Masteries: Defensive with a little Offensive to get the improved Ignite...
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but why go Imp ignite? The 10 AP is hardly anything with his AP ratios, especially if you're going tank build and not stacking AP.

In my experience, it's much better to spend that point on Archaic Knowledge for the magic penetration since most of your output is magic damage.

I normally run a 9/21/0 build and go for extreme survivability via HP regen.

Runes: Blue - CD/lvl, Red - Magic Pen, Yellow - HP/5, Quint - CD/lvl

Dorans Shield + pot
Boots (Depends on who i'm up against, I normally go merc treds)
Warmogs (if you're not helping in a team fight, you best be pushing a lane to fill this up)
Spirit Visage (ups your regen tons)
Force of Nature/Wardends mail ( I like getting both to be honest)
Frozen Mallet or Ryila's

Think about it. Your spells all cost HP and if you're spamming your skills like you should be, you're burning through several hundred HP per fight, all by yourself! It's much more noticeable in the beginning of the game. If you don't watch yourself, you can be your own worst enemy.

Once you get Warmogs, Visage and FoN, you're pretty much unkillable unless they all focus you. I've had games where I'm the last one standing after a team fight and finish off whoever survived on the enemy team because I regen so quickly.

Even if they do all focus you, you can usually survive long enough for your team to murder their casters and carries. And isn't that what a tank is supposed to do anyways? I see so many people who say "Morde can't really tank because he has no initiators and everyone will just ignore him". Well, if you ignore a decent morde, I'll bet money he can walk right up to your squishy casters and melt their faces. I do it all the time. I laugh at fiddles when he tries in vain to drain me while my shield is up.

Khranz

03-10-2010

Has anyone heard confirmation on whether or not Morde's shield is affected by AR/MR? Because I started as an HP/Regen Morde + Rylai's, and I've since moved to AR/MR in place of HP/Regen and I've never looked back. I feel more survivable.

The Dude

03-10-2010

mord is still garbage. i'm disappointed. as nice as the s2000 is overall.. it'll never beat the viper on the 1/4 mile.

Khranz

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
mord is still garbage. i'm disappointed. as nice as the s2000 is overall.. it'll never beat the viper on the 1/4 mile.
lol, my W/L with Morde is better than 4:1

Morde is a beast. Most people suck with him because they don't understand him. I rarely see a decent Morde player. Those that give me the most trouble go tank, but after the laning phase they fall apart either because of their build or because they don't find the right balance of aggression.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2010

So Pro. A question: Why didn't you make an Udyr Guide :P

fingerplay

04-06-2010

very nice

peyo

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Masteries: Defensive with a little Offensive to get the improved Ignite. Just make sure you get the top level defensive mastery.
improved Ignite su.cks :P I'd rather have Magic Penetration over it

Arkrothe

04-07-2010

For the Anchor build maxing W first is very viable and if you get magic pen and 2x sunfire capes you can be quite a beastly tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khranz View Post
Has anyone heard confirmation on whether or not Morde's shield is affected by AR/MR? Because I started as an HP/Regen Morde + Rylai's, and I've since moved to AR/MR in place of HP/Regen and I've never looked back. I feel more survivable.
Yes Armor and MR do make the shield more durable. So rather than stacking truckloads of HP(that's Mundo's Job) Armor/MR is better.