Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr's Guide to Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yogsarrian

09-12-2010

I think changes to spirit visage are sort of a buff to morde. update guide gogogo!

Kamaro

09-12-2010

I think the Codex Metallicus is a better build. Something like Warden mail, Sorc shoes, Spirit visage, Frozen Mallet, Starks fervor/abyssal scepter (based on what aura your team needs). This can easily be farmed up in 1 match.

Spirit visage gives cdr which allows you to spam your spells more often which means you will have more grey shield. Both warden mail and spirit visage give health regen, which is nice for Mordekaiser.

Having armor and magic resistance is great for Morde, better than health actually as your grey shield mainly serves as your health. Armor and magic resistance will increase the effectiveness of your shield while more max health (Warmogs etc) will just make you a walking sack of hp and your shield will actually be less effective vs attacks that deal damage based on % of health (Bloodrazor, Mundo Q, Xin R).
Sorc shoes magic pen lets you deal more damage and makes your presence bigger and also gives you more grey shield.
Frozen mallet is all the health you need, plus its better than Rylai's. All Morde's spells except for his ult are AoE so with Rylai's they will only apply a 15% slow, while Frozen Mallet works on your ghost pet's auto attacks as well as your own auto attacks.
On top of that, I believe maxing W before Q is better. W at level 5 gives you like 1,5 sunfire cloaks with a larger range which increases your presence a lot, but it also gives you (or an ally) LOTS of armor/MR, the amount it gives is often underestimated. As for Q, 1 rank is usually enough early game to keep your shield up, your main damage source is E.

ImamObama

09-12-2010

What should be the mastery and runes for mord?

Toxic72

09-12-2010

Revised Anchor build -
Doran's Shield
Boots + Chain vest first trip back
Sunfire for next trip
Negatron Cloak + Sorc Boots
Abyssal Scepter
2nd Sunfire

Great damage, lots of MPen, gives MR to your team, does insane AOE damage with W and Sunfires. If you can manage a Guardian Angel afterwards, you will literally never die.

Forbiden Mystic

10-09-2010

My last run with Mord, arguably my best so far (only played him 4 times):

MPen Marks, Hp5/level Seals, CDR Glyphs, and Flap HP or MPen Quints
Teleport / Ignite
9/0/16 (I'm only 25)

Doran's + Pot
Boots of Speed + Regrowth Pendant
Mercury's Treads + Ruby
Warmogs
Aegis (buy the parts in whatever order you want)
Thornmail
Force of Nature
Sell Doran's and Buy Giant's Belt (was working towards Rylai's. Had the money but we were in their base cleaning up so no reason to leave).

I had over 4000 HP, 250 Armor, 200 MR, and unbelievable regeneration. I was literally tanking towers while being hit by enemy champs (Garen, Jax, and more). Ended up going 11/7/10 as the only tank.

Next time around I'll probably skip the Doran/Pot and go straight to the Regrowth Pendant.

Aeralisk

Recruiter

11-24-2010

This is extreemly helpful I love Mord and play him alot. Will try this out asap

Redenbacher

11-24-2010

Quote:
Aeralisk:
This is extreemly helpful I love Mord and play him alot. Will try this out asap

This build is outdated since his most recent changes, I suggest looking up a more up-to-date guide.

FreeBeers

11-24-2010

After reaching 21 in the defensive tree, you're left with 9 points to put into the offensive tree making you decide between the improved ignite and the +% damage increase. You mention getting the improved ignite, but is that really more viable than the overall damage increase?

HeadshotG

12-23-2010

"The Anchor build focuses on supporting your team, which is arguably the more powerful one. After the Merc Treads, going for Aegis, Starks, GA, Abysmall Scepter"

Lol Abysmall Scepter. Its not abysmall for AP happy champs

rastafariane

12-26-2010

i play with these
Mercury's Treads
Randuin's Omen
Guardian Angel (or Force of Nature instead)
Warmog's Armor
Thornmail
Sunfire Cape

or
Mercury's Treads
Aegis of the Legion
Randuin's Omen
Frozen Mallet
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Sunfire Cape