[Guide] TANKPLANK - The scourge of teamfights!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

06-30-2010

Since this got necro'd I'm going to rework a couple of changes, this guide was written before Randuin's came out, I now usually use it over frozen heart, and since the crit changes came out I find atma's to be nessasary on him.

Purplz

06-30-2010

No Atmas? I feel like a tank that doesn't have any form of cc except for his ult should have atleast some dmg by end game. Building an entire character just to be an initiator and then sit back in a team fight seems to be a bit of a waste imo. Just get atmas and green elixir and you'll get a load of dmg + 50% crit.

xahhfink6

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplz View Post
No Atmas? I feel like a tank that doesn't have any form of cc except for his ult should have atleast some dmg by end game. Building an entire character just to be an initiator and then sit back in a team fight seems to be a bit of a waste imo. Just get atmas and green elixir and you'll get a load of dmg + 50% crit.
I was pretty successful without atma's for a while, but if you see I do suggest atma's as a staple to this build in the edit section... before the crit change I would get to ~30% crit late game, now the atma's is needed to get that burst.

also, his passive and the ability to spam parrrley is very good damage for a tank, even without crits.

ChasmGasm

07-08-2010

Thanks for this guide, Tankplank is awesome and fun to play.

Doobie Keebler

07-10-2010

I felt the need to come and apologize. I have always laughed my ass off at tankplank builds. Making a tank out of such an offensive champion seemed stupid, and every one that i ran into in game sucked at it. I enjoyed owning them with my 1500k+ parrley. But out of boredom when my premade needed a tank, I tried this out after readin your guide, mockingly mind you.

And oh my god F'n hilarious. Very fun to play, and when both my team and the others saw my items they were all WTF are you doing? It was quite effective though, and never heard anything but positive comments on the build at the end of the game.

I do have some variations though. Due to other characters I use, I kept my runes at ArPen, Dodge, Mana, ArPen Quint. I went standard 9/0/21 masteries. And i went Heal/Ghost. I agree that heal isnt necessary at all for this build, but if im tanking, then heal is what is best for the team during a team fight.

I also changed up the items a tad the last couple games. I went...
HoG
Sorc Boots
Warmogs
Soul Shroud
Spirit Visage
Randuins Omen
Atma's

Ended up with 3990 hp.

Im just not a fan of Leviathans. I don't like worrying about getting and holding on to stacks. yeah, my build was more expensive, but the game ran long so it wasnt an issue. In my standard game, though, I'd probably replace Warmogs with Aegis again. I would keep Soul Shroud over Leviathan because like I said, i don't wanna deal with stacks, and the aura of CDR and MR is great for the team.

All in all, very fun to play. Will I use it all the time? no. But I will use it whenever a tankplank is needed, or I just wanna play around.

Mrtakeiteasy

07-11-2010

Tankplank is definitely high elo shiz there mang.

Rysan Marquise

07-11-2010

I have tried Tankplank. Not exactly your tankplank but very close.

I have come to the conclusion that it will make an excellent counter-pick against comps with alot of healing in draft mode, but it is currently lack-luster for blind pick.

Cirno9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2010

I might try a different build, but the general idea of this guide is what I like.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

Am I missing something? I always seem to have mana problems when playing Tankplank. Should I use my abilities less? Since your guide doesn't use any mana regen items, how do you not run out?

Edit: I use Mana/5 per level Seals now and buy 4+ mana pots in the beginning so I don't have mana problems anymore. However, using this build makes you run out of item space quickly. I replace Spirit Visage with FoN and, in rare cases, Aegis with IE if my team needs damage or a survival item if I'm somehow having trouble living. All in all, this guide is great. I think Tankplank is my new main as I do pretty well with him and he's very fun. Thank you for introducing me to this great champion build.

Spectros

08-03-2010

This build... I've been starting to hear about it from my friends. They've been seeing it in move of their games recently.