Shaco DPS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iHarlequin

04-24-2011

Jungle with Shaco, check a guide to know how to. The items I build are, in order:

1. Cloth Armor, 5x Health Potion
With this, I clear jungle once and attempt a gank. Then, I recall.
2. Cloth Armor -> Razors + Boots
If you already have the money, get a Wriggle's Lantern. Look for ganking opportunities, if none are available, check their jungle and ward dragon if you got the lantern. Rebuff.
3. Wriggle's Lantern, if you didn't get it at step 2. Upgrade your boots to either:
a) Boots of Mobility, optimal for the jungle -> roamer transition, will allow you to get to ganks faster.
b) Mercury Treads, for a heavy CC team (usually a team with two or more consistent stuns or slows).
c) Berserker Greaves, if you aren't facing any mobile champions.

Wriggle's Lantern and tier 2 boots are your core items. Use them to gank in the early stages of the game, and most importantly, ward Dragon/Baron.

After this, I get a B.F. Sword, follow up with a Zeal, turn the B.F. Sword into an Infinity Edge when the money allows me to, build the Zeal into a Phantom Dancer when possible, get a Bloodthirster's and follow up with a Banshee's Veil or Guardian's Angel (I get one of these sooner if I feel vulnerable).

So, you have this:
1) Cloth Armor, 5x Health Potion
1a) Razors
2) Boots
1b) Wriggle's Lantern
2a) Tier 2 Boots (usually Boots of Mobility)
3) B.F. Sword
4) Zeal
3a) Infinity's Edge
4a) Phantom Dancer
5) B.F. Sword
5a) Bloodthirster
6) Banshee's Veil/Guardian's Angel

Be ready to adapt, though. This build isn't mandatory, and I use it complemented with runes (most importantly for Ar. Pen, you can get +25 Ar. Pen at level 1 with Marks and Quints). If you feel the other team is too heavy on armor, get a Last Whisper instead of a Bloodthirster (which is very dispensable as an item for Shaco), or a Madred's Bloodrazor if they have too much HP.

Summoner spells are Smite and Ghost. I recommend you check Reginald's guide to Shaco, he has some nice videos on jungling (I start at blue golem and clear all neutral minions up-to-down). It's at Solomid.net.

Good luck

Aceist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

But I don't have any runes to jungle, so my friends told me not to jungle.

iHarlequin

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceist View Post
But I don't have any runes to jungle, so my friends told me not to jungle.
Shaco doesn't depend much on runes to jungle.

Buy some tier 1 Ar. Pen Marks and Quintessences.