Warwick Guide as of Most recent Patch!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seventhletters

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zers View Post
im gona go with you havent see the other guide?

someone save me before i rip this guide in half
no need to be an ******* dude. i clearly stated that this was 1. my first guide and 2. meant for new players who have never played warwick who want an easy step by step way to jungle. so calm the **** down and dont act like such an elitist..."ill rip this guide in half..."

Jamoki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

This is the worst way to jungle, because when you transition from jungling to laning you are already behind by a lvl or two, and a very easy kill because your items don't really work against other champions, the only advantage is you get the dragon kill but you end up behind everybody else. In high elo games, everybody will know what you are up to as soon as you equip smite as a summoner spell, and by 5 min there will be a ward at the dragon and a stealthed twitch waiting. just don't even go to dragon unless your team already has at the minimum 6 kills more than the other team.

There are other ways to jungle, one that work for both jungling and laning.

Of course junglewick is good but he is never the team's carry, just their assassin.
This is because he can only atk one champion at one time.

seventhletters

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamalong View Post
This is the worst way to jungle, because when you transition from jungling to laning you are already behind by a lvl or two, and a very easy kill because your items don't really work against other champions, the only advantage is you get the dragon kill but you end up behind everybody else. In high elo games, everybody will know what you are up to as soon as you equip smite as a summoner spell, and by 5 min there will be a ward at the dragon and a stealthed twitch waiting. just don't even go to dragon unless your team already has at the minimum 6 kills more than the other team.

There are other ways to jungle, one that work for both jungling and laning.

Of course junglewick is good but he is never the team's carry, just their assassin.
This is because he can only atk one champion at one time.
1. have you any evidance to back up your assumption that i am a level or two behind becuase in my exsperiance you stay in equal leveling with the 2v2 lanes.

2. madreds and Black cleaver are on hit effects so they work really well with warwicks ulti for ganking. but if you are refering to early game then yes, you dont have a ton of items to gank....which is why if you read my guide you would see that i say to pick your targets carefully and cordinate with other players...something you would naturally do in high elo games?

3. as it regards to smite...i clearly state to wait before you go and jungle so that the cant find you for the intial gank, and in regards to dragon, 130 gold to the entire team at level 5-6 can make a huge differnce in that first port back. Also, more importantly as i outlined both in the discussion and in the guide if you had read it...this guide is for new players to jungling since it is very simple and reliable.

4. again if you had read my guide you would have seen that i said warwick will not be the teams carry, the advantage of jungling is that your team gets two solos who in turn will be the carrys....

5. so not to be a ****, but dont post and talk smack to my guide when it is cleary not written for you and more importantly, actually read it before you critique it.

John Q Public

04-05-2010

idk why everyone is crying. this is a great guide and i has had much successes with this guide. i can has not one loss because i can has only victories with this guide.

Joppanator

04-20-2010

just a question.
is malady a bad item to get for warwick? it does give 50% attack speed and 15% lifesteal if i'm not mistaken which are two of warwick's key abilities(dps and lifesteal).
just a question of why not to get it or if it's a good item.

Chronosh1ft

04-21-2010

flash > rally
better escape, and easier to gank (flash+ult)
a frozen mallet should be considered be4 or after the bloodthirstier for an easier clean up, simply chasing, and surviving in general
imo the buffs should be done right after u get the madreds, clear all the neutral camps till lvl 4 get madreds, do golem/lizard buff then dragon, u'll be lvl 6 before the side lanes unless they have a zilean and xp quints

edit:
- also black cleaver doesnt increase ww's ult dmg, since its magic damage, but i guess ur auto attacks will hurt more if they arent dead already
- dont get malady, get a starks

Chronosh1ft

04-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhletters View Post
Now I am a big fan of Warwick and usually do rather well in kills with him, HOWEVER he is not a group fight hero so you have to be patient: he is also relatively squishy if he can't life steal to keep himself up.
i dont want to double post but.... have u ever built madreds-boots-frozen mallet-starks-atmas?
u shouldnt solely rely on his lifesteal to survive battles, imo his purpose is to stun their carry (if they dont have cleanse) and have ur team focus like mad; and he's a great clean up, meaning after a fight he should survive and wipe out the ones remaining
thus the requirement for a bit more survivability items

JarL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-21-2010

As someone who plays warwick at high ELO I can safely say that this guide is wrong on so many levels.

1.) Flash/Smite
2.) Hunters Call at level 1 NOT Hungering Strike
3.) Hungering Strike always has priority after level 1 followed by Hunters call
4.) Blood Scent is a 1 point wonder that you pick up at level 4 and ignore until everything else is maxed

I could continue, but I might as well write my own guide at that point... anyone reading this should just use Wazzabi's guide as it is far more relevant and contains solid information for any new Warwick player.

Edit: If you don't like criticism on your "guide" then don't post guides until you are certain that the information you are releasing is correct.

seventhletters

04-27-2010

yeah, this guide was for new players, so much has changed its pretty much bad now.

also i am fine with critism, what i asked for was evidance.

PoPoBison

04-27-2010

I used to run rally, but once you get past level 20 summoner and actually start to have decent runesets, you don't need rally. Which means you put in exhaust. Once i hit level 30 with perfect runes, I'm going to run Ignite instead of smite. The build you provided is good for early level summoners.