Warwick Guide as of Most recent Patch!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

Sword of Divine is great with Infinite Duress and other things. I get it for the attack speed and the 100 more damage every 4 hits, since I don't really need half the stats on Phantom Dancer.

seventhletters

03-04-2010

WOWOWOWOWOW never thought of getting it with the ult! Definitly trying it out this weekend, will post feedback!

RiskX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-04-2010

atma's + wilts's end > infinity edge in terms of damage with his ult i really find your item selection too costly malady + sword of divine > Phantom Dancer i usually end games with only 4 items in my inventory boots included warwick is a great pusher so maximize it to finish it quick

Necrax

03-05-2010

so based on this guide i have tried quite some games with warwick, here's what i found:

1) i never got rally but flash instead with 2 purposes: flash to get in position for your ult if you fail to come close enough by running because the guy is at about 51% of health so blood scent doesn't kick in *rooooar* and ulti in, hunters call, strike - > flash out try to lose focus -> go in hungering strike again.

2) i used the following runes:
red: armor pen
yellow: dodge
blue: -cdr

i reckon a lot of people do and the feedback here seems to approve of this.

3) i tried a lot with masteries and i permformed best with a 0/9/21 setup which leads to...

4) i felt a semi-tank warwick was really amazing. so after the first game playing him merely as a ganker i started to make a gank-tank out of it and i was amazed. he was a really helpful asset to the team, could sustain himself in fights with lifesteal, hungering strike and 1 or 2 tank items and was fun to play

usually i ended with bloodrazor, sunfire cape, merc treads and building my way to my 4th item of choice, never finishing it (either veil or some BF-sword item like BT). sunfire synergizes very well with duress as well i was amazed at how much longer i could stay in a fight. not to mention how much you can spam hungering strike with 9% cdr from masters, 6% from runes and the golem buff.

also, i tend to prio hunters call over blood scent because i literally spam it especially if i got 2 or more other physical damage champs in the team. if it's more a caster team i prio blood scent though.

thanks for your guide it made me play warwick again and realize how enjoyable he actually is. your jungle rotation is good as well. i tried around a bit witht he first small camp because of the delayed appearance of the golem but it ain't work well because you lack the mana regen without golem buff first.

csirus

03-05-2010

Good guide first off. I usually get wraiths 1st, smite blue kill 3, get hunter's call as first skill, then go to small camp then golem, i can usually get this done shortly after he spawns. Runes i run, red atk speed, yellow dodge, blue cd per lvl, and quints armor pen. I think this works a lil betta cause u get a little bit of a jump. Just my opinion, other than that really enjoyed it, good job.

Vladimir Black

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
I used to think like you. However, after some play with both styles (pure pvp summoner spells vs smite) I can say it's not so cut and dried. Sure, you can jungle without smite or rally. But smite does more than make it possible to jungle- it speeds up jungling tremendously. You can cut Further, smite gives you a lot more options for your first item and rune choices.

Think of smite as an extra 10% xp/gold. Late game, when smite is "useless", you will have earned so much extra gold and xp from using it that you be farther ahead than you would have been with ignite.
You should earn your gold and xp from ganking and helping out not from trying to speed up the jungle process I actually stopped using smite and changed to ignite... IDK maybe it's just because I always go jump Warwick if he has smite and rally or even just smite I think it doesn't help your team and is fairly useless you don't need exhaust to chase and you can out leech most dps champs so ignite seems to work the best for a second skill and flash is op and useful to escape when you get ganked at dragon and need to flash out the back. I play Warwick a lot and I always out level the lanes with two people giving me a level up on them and our solos 2 levels up by the time I'm 6 making prime ganking situations with 2 level 7's a level 6 and 2 level 5's.

seventhletters

03-05-2010

Updates to rune section: red=armor pen, blue=cdr, yellow=dodge, quint CDR

Lynxion

03-05-2010

CDR quints are a waste IMO, I think you should get Armor Pen or something similar.

seventhletters

03-05-2010

k, i will. also tried the 9 offense 21 utility thing out for 5 games, did terribly and my rotation was incredibly slow sticking to my normal setup

killsteel

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhletters View Post
Also I would love to see if someone can get dragon down before 7:30!
Nice guide, I used it for some ideas but then tried my own thing. I was able to get the dragon down by 5:30 at level 4 by starting with 1 extra potion. I started on blue side golem buff, then golem/wolf camp, cross mid to the ghosts, then lizard buff, other golem camp, and straight to dragon, Popped a potion at the start and another one near the end. He was down at 5:30 on the nose. I was also able to do this starting with a life sceptre.