Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Pantheon - Insert "300" Quote Here.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightpaws

Recruiter

08-28-2010

Quote:
Brother Malleus:
Not bad guide. I play Pantheon along similar lines, though I've had to moderate my approach due to the needs of the premade I usually run him in -- mixing in some attack speed makes him push/backdoor like a fiend.

Anyway, what's the rationale behind that required Infinity Edge? It's expensive and if you're stressing his abilities, critical chance doesn't do a lot for you. Personally I prefer just doubling up on Bloodthirsters; after the third minion kill, they're more efficient attack power, and two fill as fast as one does. The absurd lifesteal they give is helpful in that Pantheon is squishy even with a full health bar; anything less is just asking for it.

Just skimming this guide for no apparent reason- but doesn't Pantheon have a passive that makes him critically strike opponents with <15% health? Last time I checked, he had something around those lines? (Completely rhetorical being that I'm looking at his champion page)

Passive: Pantheon gains 100% critical strike chance against targets below 15/15/15/15/15% of their max health.

Makes I.E. viable for finishing off people, no? I'm also pretty sure that IE gives AD of some sort too.

Cheers
-Lightpaws

Vijaya

08-28-2010

Quote:
Lightpaws:
Just skimming this guide for no apparent reason- but doesn't Pantheon have a passive that makes him critically strike opponents with <15% health? Last time I checked, he had something around those lines? (Completely rhetorical being that I'm looking at his champion page)

Passive: Pantheon gains 100% critical strike chance against targets below 15/15/15/15/15% of their max health.

Makes I.E. viable for finishing off people, no? I'm also pretty sure that IE gives AD of some sort too.

Cheers
-Lightpaws

Not really, Pantheon should be killing anyone he hits under 15% of their life even without IE (he should be critting for around 400, which will kill everyone but the tank). IE involves paying for crit chance (which you don't need), costs more than a Bloodthirster, and gives you the bonus crit damage (which you don't need). You're much better off focusing your gold on armor pen and straight AD so that Pantheon's abilities deal maximum damage; enemies will die to his 15% auto-crit either way then, and you can focus on dropping a large amount of burst and getting out alive instead of having to go toe to toe.

Devious Rogue

08-28-2010

Pantheon is a squishy and squishies, by definition are squishy. So yes, unless you want to make him a semi-tank with no damange (i.e., 6 armour items), he's going to be a glass cannon. There's nothing you can do about it except play carefully, only jumping into a fight when your enemies are too far gone to survive you or jumping into a fight in such a way that your enemies are too far gone to survive. Aegis+Heartseeker is your bread and butter brawling tactic and Skyfall+Aegis+Heartseeker should be your staple entry. The point is to pour so much damage into your enemies that between you and your allies, your enemies are sure to die if they stay and fight. If they want to sacrifice 5 of their guys for a chance to bring you down, so be it.

Ansate

09-27-2010

Panth is squishy in late game, but if you give him a small boost of hp, he actually gets a ****ton of survivability. I'm currently runnning this build.

Boots of Speed + 3HP pots -> B.F. Sword -> Boot upgrade (situational) -> Frozen Mallet -> Bloodthirster -> Second Bloodthirster.

After this if the game is still going on, I usually grab more B.F. Swords just to stack attack and upgrade them and kill minions to stack some insane attack.

Druiddroid

01-29-2011

This is a great guide IMO, I use a similar item build,

long sword + hp pot -> SotO -> boots -> BF Sword -> BF Sword -> mercury treads -> Infinity Edge/Frozen Mallet (situational on which to get first) -> BF Sword and then Infinity Edge or Bloodthirsters depending on the situation (Infinity edge if I'm rich)

Can farm the enemy team early/mid game, your killing ability should outweigh their killing ability on your squishyness during mid game. Late game frozen mallet gives you a bit more survivability but my role is still to pick off champs that are squishy or at low health.

I use flash and ghost for defensive maneuvers and chasing.