Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Pantheon - Insert "300" Quote Here.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xGrimOmenx

04-15-2010

if got a new build which seems to be very cool.
i would not get blackcleaver or frozenmallet, they have no useability for panth.

just some other hp and last whisper works quite smoothly.
also u need fast boots cuz you have no slow abilities. enemy on low hp = flash autohit spear, thx 4 the gold buddy!

malphismia

04-15-2010

Noob question: is pantheon's heartseeker passive still work while the ability is on cooldown? (i.e. i just used the active ability, now its on cooldown, is the passive working throughout the active ability and after it, or only when cooldown is off)

Lyrondak

Recruiter

04-17-2010

Heartseeker's passive works at all times.
It would specifically say so if the passive does not grant bonuses while it's on cooldown (i.e. Master Yi's Wuju Style)

malphismia

04-17-2010

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to try him out when he's free, looks like a solid champ.

Last Q: Does Rylai's affect any of his spells? Does Frozen Mallet or Tiamats work with his heartseeker active?

And why do people always rush BF Swords first, 1850 is a long way from the start, isn't it better to get Pickaxe (IE), 2 long swords (Brutalizer) which essentially gives out the same damage (40, vs. 50 for BF) but you can buy your items in installments so you aren't waiting on the BF until you start being useful lol

Lyrondak

Recruiter

04-17-2010

Quote:
MatadorRED:
Last Q: Does Rylai's affect any of his spells? Does Frozen Mallet or Tiamats work with his heartseeker active?

And why do people always rush BF Swords first, 1850 is a long way from the start, isn't it better to get Pickaxe (IE), 2 long swords (Brutalizer) which essentially gives out the same damage (40, vs. 50 for BF) but you can buy your items in installments so you aren't waiting on the BF until you start being useful lol

Rylai's should affect all of his spells (though I don't know why you would ever get one). Frozen Mallet and Tiamat would not work with heartseeker active. Those effects only work on auto-attacks. In general, all enemy targeted QWER skills are affected by Rylai's, unless it says it applies on hit effects. In which case, Rylai's does not apply and things such as Frozen Mallet and Lizard Buff apply.

BF sword is a better investment for the cost. You'd also want to get BF swords to rush Bloodthirsters because they add +100 damage. I wouldn't recommend getting an Infinity Edge first. It costs too much and the crit isn't that useful until you get a lot of damage. You want to just get pure +damage early on so that your skills will hit hard. Brutalizer is a pretty good starting item, but after you get it you'll still have to wait for a B.F. sword. If you'd rather get some early damage instead of B.F. sword, by all means go for it.

malphismia

04-17-2010

Well I was thinking of at least 1 survivability item on Panth, and seeing as Rylai's is a snare + health, the Aegis stun + Heartseeker slow would help to secure kills, or a 600 range spear slow would be nice too. And the 1:1 AP ratio for ult and aegis of zeonia makes the AP not be a total waste.

I think you're right about IE too early though, I think dorans shield + BFs first are best option. thanks again.

Muaadib

04-18-2010

Personally, i like to get meki pendant first, as i tend to spam spearshot at early levels. Then upgrade it to chalice after going back to base, this ensures i always have mana for the QWEQ combo or a grand skyfall, plus the magic resist is a nice addon.

as for boots i get merc treads if im up against caster heavy team, or boots of swiftness otherwise. as i agree berserkers offer literally nothing to panth.

Great guide btw..

xDreamKilleRx

04-20-2010

i tried this and i actually relly liked it........but i get a a black cleaver and a bloodthirster instead of 2 blood thirsters because its more efficient against tanks .

YEEKUZA

04-20-2010

this build is too offensive and most likely pantheon will be singled out (i know because i've done something similar to this but not this crazy since it's OD pricey) a good build would be going for survivability items with offensive masteries 21/0/9 or 21/9/0 and then pumping up defensive items because pantheon alone can do some serious damage without items (early-mid game) the runes should mainly consist of offensive things like armor pen and crit dmg (i prefer)

Lyrondak

Recruiter

04-25-2010

Quote:
xDreamKilleRx:
i tried this and i actually relly liked it........but i get a a black cleaver and a bloodthirster instead of 2 blood thirsters because its more efficient against tanks .

Last Whisper is better than black cleaver vs tanks. If your target has >150 armor, Last Whisper is better even in the best case scenario (5 stacks). Not to mention you'd have to attack someone 5 times to get the full effect (which is unlikely) since you'd typically open up with spear shot/aegis/heartseeker combo. You'll be getting armor penetration from LW right off the bat since it works with your skills. So this really makes black cleaver not a great item for Pantheon.