[Guide] Pantheon - Insert "300" Quote Here.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feinrig

03-06-2010

I agree on the topic of survivability. I like to play Pantheon but when I'm targeted I die for certain.

The problem is that you don't have enough money to buy both offensive and defensive equipment. I use the yellow/blue runes for armor/magic resist to counter this a bit and I rely on flash/ghost to run away from danger.

I don't have problems with mana because I try to engage in combat with mana abilities only when there is high chance of kill - otherwise I just creep/kill minions.

Bubblecup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2010

I generally find that he does fine early to mid game with dps items, its only late game when the big pushes happen or the 5 man gank squads appear that he needs some sort of HP item, especially if you owned early.

I like to get a banshees veil for most games, but in the rare event that there really is no big disable on the enemy team then frozen mallet it is.

Most of the time I like to get a bloodthirster and a demon edge before going for a HP item, that is if I'm farming well and not dying alot, otherwise I get it after bloodthirster.

arclore

03-06-2010

I'm a noob so this may not even be precise but:

I usually go with 2 BF swords, turning them into a bloodthirster and a black cleaver. additional to this i go with last whisper. the armour reduction stacks on the black cleaver and the armour penetration on last whisper seems to work, it like a parabola of DPS

however, you're really squishy late game so the frozen mallet may be a better idea

Lyrondak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabus View Post
What item should be bought for survivability and when?

What about mana regen? In order to harass effectively you need to spear shot a lot. Despite a low cooldown, and cost, it eats P's mana very quickly. How do you counteract this? Golem? Blue pilling?

Grand Skyfall shouldn't really be relied on to do damage. Don't build around it. It's too costly and its cooldown is too long to rely on consistently. Also, it's easy as HELL to avoid.
Survivability: You should buy Merc's Treads, Banshee's Veil, and/or Frozen Mallet. I usually get merc's treads if I see 2+ stunners on their team or Ryze. Usually never get Ninja Tabi because I don't have problems with physical dmg heroes with Exhaust. Normally you won't need survivability early game. And typically it's only against casters, in which case you can build a merc's early. If you need survivability, buy a Phage (or Banshee's if heavy caster team) after your first bloodthirster. My typical survivability item build would be Doran's Shield > B.F. Sword > Boots of Speed > Merc's > Bloodthirster > Phage/Frozen Mallet or Banshee's.

Mana Regen: If you have mana problems you can consider getting a catalyst early. That will solve all of your mana problems, grant you good survivability, and can later turn into a Banshee's. You shouldn't be running into mana problems using spear shot. Only use Aegis + Heartseeker when you confident you can get a kill. I usually don't run out of mana until lvl 5-6, in which case I will just blue pill and skyfall back. Blue pilling for mana isn't a bad idea if you have skyfall up. It will make your enemy push more, and you can catch him off guard with skyfall. Typically I will use all my mana to harass the enemy, then blue pill. If he's still laning when I'm about to cast Skyfall he is already dead.

Skyfall: I don't agree with you at all here. Skyfall is a great skill when used correctly. It changes the tide of battle. It's all about timing, prediction, and positioning. You need to put the enemy in an unfavorable position, forcing them to either run into your tower/teammates or run into the center of your skyfall and get killed by you. I don't really know why you say the cooldown is too long. It's only 2 minutes, which is very short compared to Teleport at 5 minutes. If you use it with a purpose in mind, whether it be ganking a hero, stopping a push, or entering a team battle, it should usually be up when you need it. I typically use it at the fountain (BPill > Skyfall), so the mana cost isn't a big issue. I'm not sure what you mean by saying don't build around Skyfall, but I'm going to assume you mean Flash + Exhaust. It's just icing on the cake that it works with Skyfall. I would still use Flash + Exhaust if you couldn't cast summoner spells with skyfall. With no movement/escape or slowing skills, these 2 spells perfectly complement Pantheon. I'd say it's pretty reliable and hard to avoid completely if you use it correctly. I can hit about 80% of the time with it. If my summoner spells are up and the enemy is in the ring when it pops up, i can almost always hit with it. It's good skill for chasing too, and can also net you kills if you catch someone blue pilling.

Stark Lonestar

03-23-2010

So I read this entire strat and agree with it for the most part. Some of the items ie. Black Clever I personally would pass on but thats my preference. The way I typically build Panth is as follows:

1. Berserk Boots
2. BF Sword
3. Scepter and Recurve Bow (Last Whisper)
4. Finish Last Whisper and save the easy 900g to make Thirster

At this point it's very situational, if the enemy team is melee/tank heavy I get Atma's Impaler and/or Madred's Bloodrazor, this give you the armor to take the damage they deal and the passive bonuses on both of these items absolutely crush everyone you come up against!

If the group is caster heavy I work on Banshee's Veil or Force of Nature either way I would recommend getting one of the above items in conjunction with one of these or both if you find you are doing adequate damage but lacking survivbility against the caster.

From time to time if its all melee damage and no casters I will get the Atma's Impaler and Madred's and to finish off my item list I will get Stark's Fervor for the rediculous life steal, if this situation happens you can expect to get many double kills and triple kills and if you are awesome like me at playing Pantheon a quadra kill or full on F'ing ACE them biznitches SOLO! With the armor you have coupled with the lifesteal and insane damage output/attack speed no one on gods green earth will ever be able to stand up to you at a melee dps character.

Like I said I completely destroy teams and have had records of 23/3 and 15/2 with these builds and have solo/backdoored both towers a mordekaiser and the nexus for an epic game win.

gernizemt

03-24-2010

I'm kind of a noob and I have a question about skyfall, when you use skyfall from the fountain, are you saying that you can cast exhaust and flash inside the circle because the ability leaps you there?

Lyrondak

03-24-2010

Yes, once you leap into the sky and the ring comes up, your character's position is considered to be at the center of the ring even though he is not visible. Once the ring comes up you can use summoner spells.

Der Cutze

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrondak View Post
Yes, once you leap into the sky and the ring comes up, your character's position is considered to be at the center of the ring even though he is not visible. Once the ring comes up you can use summoner spells.
keep in mind though that the range of e.g. exhaust is a bit smaller than your circle's diameter, so try to predict where you cast it best.

nice guide at all, ty for the effort

Venatir

03-25-2010

My favourite champion so far.

I always go for so high damage as possible, but too tries out fast attack speed + slow attacks, since my summoner spells are flash and cleanse.

I noticed that I usually become a tank, sort of, and really got to survive. Aegis in, then Heartseeker Strike.
Here everyone on enemy use their stun on me, so I go cleanse, and flash out. Their team got cd on spells and our team is rushing in.

Stark Lonestar

03-29-2010

I can see going flash and cleanse for those reasons but I find exhaust is best for utilizing your ult to its maximum ability.