Is Vladamir viable HIGH ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AutomobileX

01-25-2011

I'm looking for a new main caught between Renekton Malphazar and Vladamir.
Leaning towards Vlad because I do well with him (tried him out free week), but I haven't really played the other two.
Can I have a reccomended Vlad guide and some pros and cons of other champions I listed?

Sentient 6

01-25-2011

Vladimir has cons?

No but seriously....ya he's viable.

MaPen reds
HP/LvL yellows
CDR/LvL blues
HP quints

Masteries should be 9/0/21, just take everything in the utility tree that doesn't give mana.

R>Q>E>W (really E and W are interchangeable, its all preferance on what you put points into after Q....just make sure you get 1 point in W at LvL 2.

Core: CDR Boots, Haunting Guise/Spirit Visage, Rylais.

After that just build basic mage items, anything without mana really. Rabadons is vlads new best friend.

Edit: Spirit Visage is an awesome choice if your opponents are magic, I get HG these days (when my lane is not magic damage) because I have recently switched to CDR boots and found myself missing the early Spell Pen. Either item is good for early game-mid game.

In terms of Skill Build, leveling W after Q is a "safer" build, while E is more dangerous because it pushes your lane and reduces your survivability....deals a heck of a lot of damage though.

AutomobileX

01-25-2011

Uh should I be getting spirit Visage? :$
What's so good about haunting guise...180 hp and some armor pen doesn't seem that good.

Homicide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient 6 View Post
Vladimir has cons?

No but seriously....ya he's viable.

MaPen reds
HP/LvL yellows
CDR/LvL blues
HP quints

Masteries should be 9/0/21, just take everything in the utility tree that doesn't give mana.

R>Q>E>W (really E and W are interchangeable, its all preferance on what you put points into after Q....just make sure you get 1 point in W at LvL 2.

Core: CDR Boots, Haunting Guise, Rylais.

After that just build basic mage items, anything without mana really. Rabadons is vlads new best friend.
Never skill like this, ever. Horrible core items as well.

R>Q>W>E and you win. Don't get E til you can't get anything else (level 13). CDR Boots, Rylais, Hat, GA are all good. Haunting Guise is worthless for the price and mpen anyone who tells you otherwise is ******ed as you'd buy it and use abyssal later on and sell it anyways.

Scabadoobop

Recruiter

01-25-2011

I'm a big fan of regen/spellvamp on Vlad, its like those items were made just for him.

Core items being these:

Will of the Ancients
Spirit Visage

I run a flat 29 AP with 8.5 magic pen runepage and start with a Tome and potion.

Other items include Deathcap, Rylais, Hourglass and boots usually.

Voidstaff if you see fit.

Something about a 4x stack on his E and spirit visage just makes me happy, specially when you Q them once and see your HP regain by 1/5th (More so if your ult is on them).

Defensive items as needed. Force of nature is strong for its move speed, regen (Vlad has natural high HP due to his passive).

RCrumb

01-25-2011

Spirit visage has CDR and synergizes well with Vlad's Q and E. you want to reach your -40% CDR on vlad by level 11 so you can QQQQQ the poo outta people as he is a mid-game behemoth of a champ. someone is going to make a madredz on the other team to counter you...they're your #1 Q target and priority. Keep them poor and gank them often, delay that madreds as much as possible for maximum effectiveness as vlad. i would get an abys scepter rather than FON since its MR and AP. you heal fast enough without FON if you've got the SV which boosts healing 20% iirc... I would run CDR boots, SV, Deathcap, Rylais, Hourglass, and if you did well at the start you could spring for a soulstealer as it too has CDR at max stacks. if you run flat CDR runes a SV isnt necessary to achieve -40% CDR if you've got a Soulstaler and CDR boots of lucidity. Magic Pen reds are best so you can skip over void staff and haunting guise in exchange for more...AP and consequently health at a 1:1.8 ratio. You shouldn't need a whole lot of MR and Armor... unless your team doesn't have a tank at all which would be silly...

there is no perfect vlad build, sometimes fon is necessary...if veigar is hitting you hard i would opt for the fon over the abys scepter. just my free week of vlad experience talking. take it or leave it, hehe

Addison16

01-25-2011

I've heard mal has a hard time in the high elo, since his ult is single target and he lacks a heavy AoE nuke. He does damage and can AoE silence, but compared to anivia and annie's AoE damage and stun he's just not as up there.

Vlad can be in the higher end of elo, but he has to play the right role. He soaks up damage, but has no form of dependable CC he can use to help teammates, so he can not play the pure tank role. During a teamfight he can deal decent AoE damage, but ONLY if he has his Tides of Blood charged up, if not then his AoE damage is much lower, so he makes a battle mage that's hard to kill, but has unrelyable damage. As an off-tank he is a good choice, but as a pure ap carry I'd say no. Also, I hope vlad gets aids from all those cowardly transfusions.

AutomobileX

01-26-2011

The way I play vlad is as a off tank and nuker/support.
Usually if I see a team fight brewing I'd charge up my tides of blood (but usually i'll be at like 3/5hp if I don't transfusion some randoms).
Also I've seen how vlad can absolutely rape 2v5s.
Me and fiddles/nunu/anivia or someone with a aoe ult hide in a bush, since I have more hp I'll go out or let a good initator go out, pop out I transfusion their squishy, tides of blood charged up and use my ult on all of them (if possible but usually hti at least 3 people). As soon as fiddles/nunu/anivia come out with their ult I use pool to keep them inside. Usually ends up a ace, or fails horribly

Daethbane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2011

There are a lot of ways to build a good Vlad, and these guys have good points. If you really want to test Vlad, I suggest trying out 9-21-0 as well. It may sound strange, but it helps you play very aggressive as a more AP carry type. Yes, he isn't as strong as some, but he can do a ton of damage if done right.

I have had a lot of success lately with Haunting Guise, Boots of Swiftness, Will of the Ancients, Rabadon's, Rylai's Crystal, and either Warmogs, some type of armor depending on the opposing team, another Rabadon's, or another Rylai's.

So really my advise is to see which one works the best for you.

Epic Dancing Guy

01-29-2011

Everyone is viable if you know how to play them, mostly when to and not to pick them.