Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Design status of every live champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezyk

05-16-2011

Lots of updates today: Garen, Irelia, Jarvan IV, Kog'maw, Lee Sin, Malphite, Nidalee, Nocturne, Pantheon, Renekton, Rumble, Sona, Tryndamere, Vayne, Vladimir

Baconnaise

05-17-2011

This is a fantastic post! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to put this together OP. It's caught me up on everything fairly quickly.

Raghat

05-17-2011

Thank you much for your work, op.

Venngeance

05-17-2011

Seems ok, for the most part. You guys understand a lot of the problems facing the champs and want to address them.

I'll say that after playing Janna somewhat faithfully, I was disappointed when you nerfed her ultimate. Now, when I use it, it has a tendency to not matter as much in any situation where it's needed, other than maybe pushing enemies away from a tower. If you wanted to remove the slow aspect from it, you should do something to counter that. She needs a ridiculous amount of AP to make the heal matter, so maybe you could buff that area. Or, you could change it so that enemies aren't slowed upon re-entry to its area of effect, but rather are pushed out and kept out until it's over, similar to Jarvan's ult. That may sound overpowered at first, but as it stands, she's pretty much minus an ultimate for now.

Speaking of Jarvan, I will say that after several games with him after his nerfs, I can attest that he's still fun, and a good champion. His problems are more to do with enemies and their abilities. For instance, Vayne's roll will not let you go through terrain, but you can roll out of Cataclysm's area. That doesn't seem right or logical. Jarvan is extremely crippled in usefulness against teams that have a high percentage of Flashes, either built in or taken via the spell. I'm seeing Flash in every game I play, and the enemy team almost always has at least 3. I played one game today where all 5 enemies had Flash.

I really think if you want to work on game balance, you should start there. GET RID OF FLASH. It robs good players of earned kills, and it brings kills to players who can't earn them on their own. When you have to take a spell just to counter everyone else who takes it and make the playing field even, you've got a problem. You don't even have to remove it completely; try a trial period, where you take it away for a month or so, see what happens to game balance then. Otherwise, its cooldown is still too short for what it brings. It should be equatable with Revive.

And finally, fix Karthus's passive. He is (was) the ONLY champion that could make good use of the Respawn Quints/Masteries. Now I have them, and I can't use them on anyone. If you want to do things liek this, you should incorporate some kind of refund function for runes, since the combiner doesn't really help or matter. Other than that issue, Karthus is in a good place still.

I'm sorry for ranting, but these things have been bugging me, some, longer than others.
You do good things, Riot, and I enjoy your game. Some days though, the incentive to play seems to wane.

endqwerty

05-17-2011

Awesome post. Thanks

SIVIR SOLO MID

05-17-2011

Good resource you got here.

LeMat

05-17-2011

Pro list. GD really needs more actual knowledge to balance out the ignorance.

Rezyk

05-20-2011

Updated, first mention of Sivir in a while.

ASHISHDUH

05-23-2011

Dang, I had no idea Trynd changes were in the works. I really hope they don't make him much easier to play or make him scale worse. I like the Fury system idea for him though.

Rin

05-23-2011

+1, Bookmarked, Bampu!