[GUIDE] JAX - Carry so hard your back WILL hurt!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Struz

03-02-2010

Personally my masteries would be 9/21/0 grabbing the cleanse mastery. I also enjoy flash on Jax. The extra starting health is huge too, it lets you first blood other Jax players more easily.

Coldmetal

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWWW NUUUU View Post
drop mejai's? it gives u 540 hp, and 180 damage.. and u should have guinsoo's very fast... not 'late into the game' and what.. hp/mana regen item on jax o.o nooo way... i think ur thinking of a AD build... no need with golem buff.. even without it.. no need u have around 700 mana ur abilities cost 50 mana.. x.X.

and eh.. i dont see why you would get atma's impaler on a non-tank, a pure AP item is going to give you more overall damage.

and in no way am i going to get a bloodthirster on a AP jax... thats a HUGE amount of gold to blow on a non ap item, and zhonya's... not even going to got here, gives u 500 damage and 1,000 health...

oh.. and last but not least, practice game? no.. haven't played a single prac game.. EVER, this build is tested on game after game for the past 3 days.. and ive had success in 90% of the games.
-----------------------------

Just played a game with lichbane, wasnt impressed at all, was a 24min game though, so didnt get that far into my build for it to really shine i guess... but really was not impressed at all, loosing 600 hp didnt feel good

So if a majority of the games don't last past 35 minute mark a majority of your build is kind of pointless. I would say Ninja Tabi > Mejai's > Rylai's > Lichbane from there you choose whatever you want. You're going to need Golem since if you're out farming enough like you should be, you should be running into mana management problems which is why stealing the enemy golem or taking your golem buff is pretty **** useful, plus lower CD's are great on Jax.

Atma's Impaler gives you a nice amount of armor plus if you're getting this imaginary number of 6000 hp, Atma's is a pretty **** nice idea since it gives you 2% of your maximum hp as dmg then does it again because you received more damage but in a smaller amount. Even at 3000 HP you gain at least 60DMG from Atma's. That's pretty friggin good. Though this veers off your AP build. Not that I'm suggesting this, just saying it since someone else said this and you questioned it.

AWWW NUUUU

03-02-2010

@malak,

21/9/0 9 for the dodge, 21 for the damage boost, as i don't really like there 3rd tree, its to focused on ghost/flash and cool down reduction which non of what i fancy, also I'm a very strong team player i stick to my teammates and don't rambo alone... so thats why, hard cc? hmm.. maybe my ELO to low, but when enemys see 4800-6000 hp jax they just ignore me : / especially with my high dodge, they much rather go for trist/ashe etc.

if you can suggest a new mastery build ill defendantly look into it though ( i dont see a point of having that many points in the defense tree though.. i dont take clense ; / )

oh and 60 damage late game is not 'pretty ****ing nice'......... seems like a HUGE waste of gold, if your having problem surviving on jax you really need to stick with your team more

Tornsoul

03-02-2010

I see that your trying to go strictly AP but I really feel that hybrid is the best way. as for getting a bloodthirster I suggested when going up against a predominantly physical dps team. They are going to buy dps items, armor is a non issue so you being AD or AP at that point is useless to discuss, damage is damage.

Jax needs ideally 2 things, AP\AD and attack speed.

Getting your ultimate stacked and proccing as many times as possible is a priority. Lifesteal as I said is situational, but I agree on getting the Gunisoo's not to mention the fact that Guinsoo's will heal you when you stack it up "you dont lose the mana and hp gained from the stacks when it falls off" making it easyier for you to farm.

As for ASSUMING your going to 180 damage from the Mejai's and then calculating that into a Zhonya's is ******ed. Never make the assumption in your build you are going to have a stacked Mejai's that is silly and arrogant. 180 damage is the full 20 stacks anyway. Its a WIN MORE item, you also point out that people ignore you... I can gurantee if you start to get a stacked Mejai's a group of competent opponents will find a way to kill you to bring those stacks down.

In a typical game ill have maybe low 3k to 4k hp with gunisoo, rylai and maybe some parts of lichbane and the game is already over. Getting 5k-6k HP would involve assuming you have a fully stacked Mejai's and a Zhonya's and probably 2 elixirs.

Your build is solid, I play something similiar to it, im only point out that Mejai's should never be assumed its working in your favor, that has to be judged on a game by game basis.

Btw with no magic resist a Veigar, or Ryze with a deathfire could mow you down to 1/3 of your hp really quick, which would be enough incentive for the rest of their team to kill you. If your talking about packing 5k hp in a game, considering the items you have its a 45+ minute a game. Veigar's at that point can be packing from anywhere from 400-700+ AP depending on their items. Darkmatter hits for 1k+.

AWWW NUUUU

03-02-2010

like i said, i stick with my team this is a TEAM game, ofc they're going to try target me, and that valuable time they wasted trying to kill a 5k hp hero 1/2 there team got mowed down... thats like focusing a tank.. its just stupid...

and 45min game? nah.... early game last hitting is key..

Necrax

03-02-2010

personally, my core items are tabi, sheen, guinsoo's. everything on top of it is highly situational for me. even though i think rylai's is awesome in general i do not get it every game.

to be honest, i often end up with tabi, sheen, guinsoos, banshees and a bf sword/recurve bow or a blasting wand, depending on income and how the game is going.

also, ironically, i've made exceptionally good experience with sword of the jaxslayer as an attack speed boost since it's passive synergizes with relentless assault so well. usually got this after guinsoo's.

imo jax is way too flexible at the moment (itemwise) to nail him onto fixed wardrobe. for me this flexibility is the real fun.

gun fu panda

03-02-2010

Why does no one take Nashor's as AP jax? ASPD/AP and max CDR with golem seems pretty **** sexy for him.

AWWW NUUUU

03-02-2010

ofcourse lots of heros are like that.. but going say AD when ur using AP runes/mastiers.. its not so good x.X

xahhfink6

03-02-2010

I agree that this needs more Sheen/Lichbane... also you should grab a point in empower earlier (like level 4) to proc your sheen hits.

Also, how long was that GAME!?!? I have never EVER seen an alistar hit triple didget minion kills before... what on earth happened that game?

aRcKuS

03-02-2010

AWWW NUUUU i played a game with you last night, you is a good Jax =]

To bad our Warwick fail sauced it up >.>