Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How come people at high elo make fun of koreans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abedeus

04-22-2011

Quote:
Ultramerican:
Koreans aren't good because they have any natural skill, they just have an odd drive to put in more hours than any other nationality in competitive games. Again, this doesn't necessarily correlate with skill, so in LoL you get paired up with players with 2000 games' experience that make stupid mistakes because they can't judge to commit/avoid fights quickly, assessing the outcome with any reliability.

This gets summarized by frustrated high-level players as "koreans are bad" because in those situations they CAN be bad.

Ah yes. Playing during morning in Europe is an agony, as it's afternoon/evening in Korea.

1700+ games won and idiots go smiteless junglers, feed 0/10 as Vladimir rushing warmogs and never speak English.

KVG NomNoms

04-22-2011

Koreans own at RTS and DotA. I think hotshotGG is just talking **** because LoL is the white man's DotA.

TheHarmanator

04-22-2011

duno because koreans are often amazing at games

NextPese

Recruiter

04-22-2011

Quote:
xXNomNomNomXx:
Koreans own at RTS and DotA. I think hotshotGG is just talking **** because LoL is the white man's DotA.

"The white mans dota" Lol thats so racist D:

Freckl3s

Recruiter

04-22-2011

Because HotshotGG says they are bad.

Mynt

04-22-2011

The Korean thing goes back to Starcraft I. I'll bet HotShotGG--or "HSGG" as we call him--played Terran. A decade ago, Koreans were known and despised for simultaneously being excellent/terrible.

"Oh I lost. Must be because I had a Korean."

"Oh, I lost. Must be because they had a Korean."

Mostly it was just frustration at seeing gobbledeguk on your screen, at a time when international language barriers were a new thing on The Electric Internets.

Thivus

04-22-2011

never heard anyone complain about koreans

i always thought it was brazillians everyone made fun of

qTmBhM2let12d4RT

04-22-2011

Locodoco is an exeption... The rest have downs

Hamterball

04-22-2011

Quote:
Dragonk:
It has to do with a stereotype regarding MMOs. It's said that most Korean MMOs are all mindless grind and no skill.

I agree with this completely

TheHarmanator

04-22-2011

the thing with koreans is that they like to experiment
though i don't think they should play solo q if they don't speak english well :x