Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

possible Akali build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylum Escapee

04-22-2011

so i just saw this akali in a game using a new build ive never seen before. she rushed gunbladle. and then built a nashors tooth and a black cleaver. she had a lot of burst but could also autoattack like a boss.

her build was:
-Merc treads
-Nashors tooth
-Black cleaver
-Rylais

any thoughts on viability?

SuperChoob

04-22-2011

Autoattacking just gets you killed as Akali. Why spend 4 seconds dealing damage that you could do in 2? You could spend that time in shroud waiting for CD again instead of getting focused and exploded.

Full Burst > Autoattack

PaperKut

04-22-2011

She is mainly built for burst not autoattack dps. So i wouldnt bother with atk speed items. For the most dmg out of your burst you would focus on AP items.

Items i use
-Sorc boots
-Rylais
-lichbane
-death cap
-bvail

Aikimiller

04-22-2011

I agree; Akali's abilities are all pointed towards burst and run. She doesn't have the survivability to be as strong as an autoattacker.

Yeah, this would probably work, but in my experience not as well as the alternatives. The only situation I can think of I would use a build like this is if I was in a game, and suddenly noticed everyone else on my team was building AP, and the enemies were building magic resist, but no armor.