I hit 515 referral's I get 10 year ban

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infinïty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Your account was suspended for acquiring referrals through fraudulent means.

Specifically you created videos about "league of legends 10k RP hacks" telling people that they would receive 10k RP by registering through your link and getting to level 5.

This is something that we monitor aggressively, and take action against (including legal content takedowns, and account punitive actions).

Alright so just to be honest I'm new to the LoL forums but one thing I've noticed is that the forum is not moderated so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get attacked by a legion of trolls so each non serious post will be ignored humorous or not. I am here to discuss opinions from other people who had either the same experience or wish to share their opinions. Thanks

So just a few days ago I logged in into my account and I got the message "This account has been suspended until April 19th 2021"

When I first saw this I told myself "What have I done wrong to deserve a 10 year ban without warning" Could it be that someone played my account while I was afk and trololol'd the heck out of 5v5, bought clarity and doran's ring as Mordekasier, pinged the whole map for 10 minutes straight and then fed the other team intentionally? Or could it been that a 5v5 premade all simultaneously reported me with each of them wrote an entire paragraph on why I should be perma-banned from using Tryndamere in Summoner's Rift. Whatever I did it had to be extremely serious.

I sent an email to the LoL support but since they usually take 1-2 weeks to answer I came here to discuss.

-----------------------

I'm quite sure that my ban only apply to verbal misbehaviors or should I say rage, since I NEVER feed on purpose I always try to carry my team even if its a 2v3. I only get mad if either

A. My team keeps blaming me for not helping them even though I called MIA/b
B. Enemy team flaming me or my team/verbally abusing us.
C. Team member gives up/feeds on purpose/encouraging me to leave
D. When I try to carry my team/encouraging my team when they think I'm wasting their time and should surrender instead.
E. Team doesn't understand MIA, speak english even worse don't understand pinging.

What I'm really doing is defending myself against people I know this is the internet but I do not get kicked and pushed easily by others I show little tolerance from people verbally harassing me or ruining my gaming experience. I know this is a flaw to my character but let's be honest who hasn't raged at least once in 250+ games played? Each 2-3 games I play there is at least 1 raged dude that curses/insults other people and then leaves. When I get mad I don't leave I WANT to win so I try to play the game and co-operate with my team even though I get insults flying across my chat log.

I try my best to never leave at all out of my 250+ games played I have only 2 LEAVES that's what I recalled. It's hard to believe there are some people with 100+ leaves and that's 100 games ruined for 200+ other people but they still exist?

I have also invited most my RL/online friends through facebook and other social networks and I have just hit 515 completed invites I gave you 515 people that shortened queue time which is a nice experience for new players.

This really saddens me because I've invited a lot of my friends via facebook and other social networks they even volunteered to level up to 5 even though they didn't really have time to play since they have work/school. I even invited my veteran gamer uncle who used to play SNES merely for an ip boost.

-----------------------

I played a lot of mmo's and from my experience they would give me a warning before a permanent ban. Wait did I mention this was my first suspension ever? Yes Riot one simple warning can work wonders. It can completely his in-game experience. Do you really hate your playerbase that much? I'm sure the majority of players insulted someone in-game once or twice and maybe way more. Would you ban 90% of your playerbase? I've heard people who spent $300 on this game gets perma banned without warning too. Riot are you merciful?

-----------------------

"I have wiped out many nations, devastating their fortress walls and towers. Their cities are now deserted; their streets are in silent ruin. There are no survivors to even tell what happened. I thought, 'Surely they will have reverence for me now! (Zephaniah 3:6-10 NLT)

EDIT: Riot has accepted my appeal and my 10 year ban has been lifted. You may now downvote this thread to oblivion for I have no purpose in this thread anymore.

Kindly request for this thread to be deleted as it is serving no purpose.

Última

04-22-2011

tl;dr

All I got from that is, you got reported alot for being disruptive, and you got punished, which takes quite a lot of reports so this isn't a one off thing, and because you have referrals you would like special treatment?

No, gtfo

Leaver

04-22-2011

I can guarantee you did not get a 10 year ban for communication reasons, there are a very limited number of communication issues I can ever imagine getting you a ban like that and they're either illegal or impersonating a riot employee, assuming you did neither of those things no amount of rage would get you a 10 year ban

Valentiin

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTmx View Post
tl;dr

All I got from that is, you got reported alot for being disruptive, and you got punished, which takes quite a lot of reports so this isn't a one off thing, and because you have referrals you would like special treatment?

No, gtfo
10 year ban? You gtfo, dumb *****.

Sancta

04-22-2011

Not much you can do until Customer Support gets back to you, but I agree that there is something seriously wrong if you had never been banned prior.

11poopy11

04-22-2011

1. can you add a tldr section please
2. i think it is ungracious for riot to issue a severe ban without warning or discussing it with the user. I hope that you are able to resolve this once you contact support.

Dlegends

04-22-2011

How can you buy Clarity?

HunterHagen

04-22-2011

Wow, I say valiant effort for an appeal.
But... a ban is a ban.

Última

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentiin View Post
10 year ban? You gtfo, dumb *****.
If it is a 10 year ban without warning then it is a serious issue, not a one off mishap, meaning he probably deserved it.

Riot rarely ban. The leaver system does and bans on a basis of hours, 1 days, 1 week, 1 month etc depending on the severity. If this guy got a 10 year ban out of the blue then it was directly from an employee meaning he must've deserved it.

Kreinas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2011

I rage like I'm in Judge Judy's court every game. Just don't type it. Ban should stay if you have that many reports.

Btw 515 referrals? And you don't have anyone you know to play with? I'm pretty sure THEY wouldn't report you.

If it's the other team, go into your windows controls and disable your shift and / keys, preventing you from saying anything in all chat.

------
10 bucks says you were banned for making your own accounts and leveling them to 5

1234511 ... 23