Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

item question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aedys

04-21-2011

Ok in a lot of guides they list what the goal item composition is. The problem or question i have is: how do you get the items when all the items require more than one component to make? you only have 6 slots right? feels like I'm missing something >< or these guides are just not well thought out :P

ben4zwin

04-21-2011

Basically you buy the cheap item first, then when you buy the expensive item it replaces the cheap one. If you have the money you can buy the expensive item without ever buying the cheap one

Aedys

04-21-2011

hmm... may have not explained myself well. Example in a random trist guide i found the final build goal is: berserker's greaves, last whisper. black cleaver, IE, mandred's bloodrazor, and bloodthirster. none of those items take less than 2 components so how would they all be created with only 6 inventory slots available.

btw im not trying to figure out if that is a valid build and understand that its a highly unrealistic money amount to get those items. thing is these kinds of builds are in a lot of guides i find.

Fleiska

04-21-2011

When you have all your slots in use you need to have enough money to buy the whole item. You dont need free slots only money.

Aedys

04-21-2011

ahh ok thanks

Ludak021

04-22-2011

also, (this was confusing to me as well) you can just buy the whole item, like mentioned above. Later in the game you will have one slot free most of the time and most of end game items require 3 or even 4 to build component, so you don't actually buy components, you collect money and just buy final item.

yausser

04-22-2011

So if your item has components don't even bother buying through the tree just buy the final item when you have enough for all of it?

Fleiska

04-22-2011

No, of course it's advisable to buy some of the items during the match not necessary all the items. Depending what champion you play and what you're against.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-22-2011

If you ever die or are forced to recall to shop, you might as well purchase a component or two if you don't have enough to get the full item.

There are also certain items that you _want_ to sit on. Gold generation items lose that passive when they're combined into their final form. Catalyst of the Protector heals you and returns some mana on level up, but again, this passive is lost when you complete Rod of Ages or Banshee's Veil. Both passives are great for early-mid game, and you'll likely sit on them for a few levels at least.