New player to try ranked games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaffoMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-21-2011

Hitting 30 soon, I thought it would be a good idea to check out this forum to stay up with current events. After looking at these threads I saw that some new players in ranked don't seem to do so well. So my question is, to someone that is starting ranked games soon, what advice could you give him?

Presenc3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

make sure you have flexible rune pages...

learn a few different champions of each role...

Pick based on what the team needs, or what best counters their picks...

basically, prepare to play unselfishly.. and best of luck to you.

Pres

cLHx1

04-21-2011

Plz dont.. dont play until im outta your elo, i gurantee you start losing immediatly... Normal games are completely diff than ranked games..

I would suggest going to a friendly site and lookup some strategy guides before you bring yourself so low into elo hell that you wont climb out..

BTW dont leave games.. you'll screw yourself

Solomid.net

LuckSkillVictory

04-22-2011

After playing most of the beta i came back and releveled and just started ranked lately and it isn't that different. Support your team at blue or jungle start, try andmake sure you have a good comp. If you don't have the ip for rune pages just get a mpen reds in one, ar pen in the other then get armor yellows, mr per 5 blues and health quints are pretty solid for almost any champ though not ideal. Realize jungle gank is normally at 4:30 give or take so you should be ready or have a ward. Don't push your lane easy as it is hell on your jungler and makes you an easy target. Cs is important, i don't know how many people i have seen that don't know what they did wrong when they are 3/1/1 to start but 70 cs back at the 20 min mark of the guy they were going against.

Other than that have a thick skin, realize you could have done better and try to realize how instead of just raging at teamates.