Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


WOW Bot lane Shaco... IS GOOD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAnarchist

Senior Member

04-20-2011

I've got 340ish ranked Shaco games at about 1550 elo (tanked a little lately) but until my last two games had never tried lane Shaco.

I had never bothered cause whenever I had to cover a lane it felt horrible.

I really wanted to play Shaco today though and we already had a jungler so I thought screw it I'll bot lane Shaco.

What can I say it just works.

Build exactly as if you were jungling, starting armor and 5 hp pots. Build into lantern and then from there it's your choice. Level JitB as priority skill. At 6 place two boxes outside dragon, have your clone tank it and proceed to kill with your jungler.

Pro's to bot lane Shaco

Unparalleled dragon control

Boxes give a free lane / dragon ward at all times. Lvled boxes provide security when dragoning. Double razors make for a quick dragon.

Stronger Shaco late game

Since you don't have to take smite it opens up another summoner which helps strengthen you throughout the game. Choice of Ignite / Ghost / Exhaust.

Never die in lane

Free JitB ward. Decieve always up to escape. If you die.... well just stop playing Shaco.




Ok It's only been two games but honestly I think I'm in love <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyBear

Senior Member

04-20-2011

Quote:
AnAnarchist:
I've got 340ish ranked Shaco games at about 1550 elo (tanked a little lately) but until my last two games had never tried lane Shaco.

I had never bothered cause whenever I had to cover a lane it felt horrible.

I really wanted to play Shaco today though and we already had a jungler so I thought screw it I'll bot lane Shaco.

What can I say it just works.

Build exactly as if you were jungling, starting armor and 5 hp pots. Build into lantern and then from there it's your choice. Level JitB as priority skill. At 6 place two boxes outside dragon, have your clone tank it and proceed to kill with your jungler.

Pro's to bot lane Shaco

Unparalleled dragon control

Boxes give a free lane / dragon ward at all times. Lvled boxes provide security when dragoning. Double razors make for a quick dragon.

Stronger Shaco late game

Since you don't have to take smite it opens up another summoner which helps strengthen you throughout the game. Choice of Ignite / Ghost / Exhaust.

Never die in lane

Free JitB ward. Decieve always up to escape. If you die.... well just stop playing Shaco.




Ok It's only been two games but honestly I think I'm in love <3


How are you avoiding being harassed out of the lane?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pika Fox

Senior Member

04-20-2011

If by pro shaco you mean Jitb noob who doesnt know how to play shaco and relies on jitb for kills, then yes, pro


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyBear

Senior Member

04-20-2011

Quote:
Pika Fox:
If by pro shaco you mean Jitb noob who doesnt know how to play shaco and relies on jitb for kills, then yes, pro


jitb is the number 1 way to kill get kills as shaco.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearAzrael

Senior Member

04-20-2011

You can do a little farming with JitB, Deceive if they come for you and harass with Two Shiv's active.

Generally you can't farm very well though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pika Fox

Senior Member

04-20-2011

Quote:
Aphelmine:
jitb is the number 1 way to kill get kills as shaco.


Lol. L2P Shaco. All that needs be said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAnarchist

Senior Member

04-20-2011

Quote:
Aphelmine:
How are you avoiding being harassed out of the lane?


Walking out of bushes only for last hits and not over extending to get all the last hits.

High armor value helps a lot for ranged harass and 5 health pots is notoriously difficult to force from the lane.

Granted I've only played 2 games!

Perhaps stronger opponents would hamper me more but I was vs an Ashe / Garen lane and ashe kept critting me to little avail.

I'll keep playing bot lane Shaco and report on my progress.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SYN Nimbo

Junior Member

04-20-2011

I love playing bot lane shaco. my last ranked game i played bot lane shaco(AP) and went 22-2-9 by the end of the game two boxes could take down their garen pretty low by themselves. laning shaco is perfectly legit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyBear

Senior Member

04-20-2011

Quote:
FearAzrael:
You can do a little farming with JitB, Deceive if they come for you and harass with Two Shiv's active.

Generally you can't farm very well though.


I figured you'd farm with jitb but it would end up pushing the lane a bit. You running with apren/mp5Level/CDR runes? How much farm are you averaging though?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PainOfInsanity

Senior Member

04-20-2011

Laning Shaco focuses on box and shivs, the same with jungle shaco, but with jungle shaco at least you can rely on auto attacking.