WOW Bot lane Shaco... IS GOOD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAnarchist

04-20-2011

I've got 340ish ranked Shaco games at about 1550 elo (tanked a little lately) but until my last two games had never tried lane Shaco.

I had never bothered cause whenever I had to cover a lane it felt horrible.

I really wanted to play Shaco today though and we already had a jungler so I thought screw it I'll bot lane Shaco.

What can I say it just works.

Build exactly as if you were jungling, starting armor and 5 hp pots. Build into lantern and then from there it's your choice. Level JitB as priority skill. At 6 place two boxes outside dragon, have your clone tank it and proceed to kill with your jungler.

Pro's to bot lane Shaco

Unparalleled dragon control

Boxes give a free lane / dragon ward at all times. Lvled boxes provide security when dragoning. Double razors make for a quick dragon.

Stronger Shaco late game

Since you don't have to take smite it opens up another summoner which helps strengthen you throughout the game. Choice of Ignite / Ghost / Exhaust.

Never die in lane

Free JitB ward. Decieve always up to escape. If you die.... well just stop playing Shaco.

Ok It's only been two games but honestly I think I'm in love <3

CrazyBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAnarchist View Post
I've got 340ish ranked Shaco games at about 1550 elo (tanked a little lately) but until my last two games had never tried lane Shaco.

I had never bothered cause whenever I had to cover a lane it felt horrible.

I really wanted to play Shaco today though and we already had a jungler so I thought screw it I'll bot lane Shaco.

What can I say it just works.

Build exactly as if you were jungling, starting armor and 5 hp pots. Build into lantern and then from there it's your choice. Level JitB as priority skill. At 6 place two boxes outside dragon, have your clone tank it and proceed to kill with your jungler.

Pro's to bot lane Shaco

Unparalleled dragon control

Boxes give a free lane / dragon ward at all times. Lvled boxes provide security when dragoning. Double razors make for a quick dragon.

Stronger Shaco late game

Since you don't have to take smite it opens up another summoner which helps strengthen you throughout the game. Choice of Ignite / Ghost / Exhaust.

Never die in lane

Free JitB ward. Decieve always up to escape. If you die.... well just stop playing Shaco.

Ok It's only been two games but honestly I think I'm in love <3
How are you avoiding being harassed out of the lane?

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2011

If by pro shaco you mean Jitb noob who doesnt know how to play shaco and relies on jitb for kills, then yes, pro

CrazyBear

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika Fox View Post
If by pro shaco you mean Jitb noob who doesnt know how to play shaco and relies on jitb for kills, then yes, pro
jitb is the number 1 way to kill get kills as shaco.

FearAzrael

04-20-2011

You can do a little farming with JitB, Deceive if they come for you and harass with Two Shiv's active.

Generally you can't farm very well though.

Pika Fox

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphelmine View Post
jitb is the number 1 way to kill get kills as shaco.
Lol. L2P Shaco. All that needs be said.

AnAnarchist

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphelmine View Post
How are you avoiding being harassed out of the lane?
Walking out of bushes only for last hits and not over extending to get all the last hits.

High armor value helps a lot for ranged harass and 5 health pots is notoriously difficult to force from the lane.

Granted I've only played 2 games!

Perhaps stronger opponents would hamper me more but I was vs an Ashe / Garen lane and ashe kept critting me to little avail.

I'll keep playing bot lane Shaco and report on my progress.

SYN Nimbo

04-20-2011

I love playing bot lane shaco. my last ranked game i played bot lane shaco(AP) and went 22-2-9 by the end of the game two boxes could take down their garen pretty low by themselves. laning shaco is perfectly legit.

CrazyBear

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearAzrael View Post
You can do a little farming with JitB, Deceive if they come for you and harass with Two Shiv's active.

Generally you can't farm very well though.
I figured you'd farm with jitb but it would end up pushing the lane a bit. You running with apren/mp5Level/CDR runes? How much farm are you averaging though?

PainOfInsanity

04-20-2011

Laning Shaco focuses on box and shivs, the same with jungle shaco, but with jungle shaco at least you can rely on auto attacking.