Could not load Direct3d

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iiiphongs2

04-19-2011

Can anyone help me fix this? I searched around, but can't find the problem. It was working fine on my computer, but then I did a system restore and now this happens. The system restore cleaned my computer of EVERYTHING. I reinstalled latest version of DirectX, Java and all that ****, and am still downloading the windows updates. Can someone solve my issue?

Thanks in advance.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2011

Hi Downfall,

Make sure to reinstall your graphics drivers - This issue often occurs when you're using the generic video drivers and it can't detect your video card correctly.

iiiphongs2

04-19-2011

Can you help me with that? I went to the Drivers Manager and have no idea what to do..

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2011

Windows Update should pick up the drivers automatically usually. Do you know what type of Video Card you have? (Nvidia, ATI, Intel?)

If not, I recommend running Windows Updates. Especially on Windows XP - if you go to 'custom' and make sure you have all the 'hardware' optional updates :-)

iiiphongs2

04-19-2011

It's on a garbage computer, It's intel. I've looked online, and it's pretty tough and I'm basicly computer illiterate when it comes to this... is there anyway you could TeamViewer me?

Eambo

04-19-2011

Give this a try, if it's an Intel graphics chipset: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/

iiiphongs2

04-19-2011

I'll try it thanks, if it works cheers

iiiphongs2

04-19-2011

I tried to do it, i installed ActiveX, but when I attempt to run the update thing, it crashes my IE

Eambo

04-19-2011

D'oh :-( Does it get as far as detecting what intel graphics card you have? If not, do you know what make/model the computer is? (EG: Dell Optiplex GX520)

b0ooo

05-05-2011

Try reinstall display drivers, and then close all videos and music players in your browser or background (i.e. youtube, vlc, etc.)