Playing from China

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rocket45

04-18-2011

Hello I'm an american playing from china and experiencing high ping in normal games. I was wondering what the best way to go about this would be.

1. Something I can do to improve my connection to the American servers?

2. Switch something in my LOL game files to connect me to the chinese servers? Or EU server if that will improve ping.

3. Download the Chinese LOL client and play on it. This is something I've tried and had trouble with if anyone has some instructions or a link to help me download it that would be great thanks.

Psytric

04-18-2011

Heya,

I'm a Canadian playing in China. While there aren't a whole lot of things you can do, the biggest thing you can do is decide when you play. Playing from about 9-11:30am, 1-5pm or after 12:30am makes a huge difference in ping for me. Whenever the Chinese are home from work and awake, the internet load is huge. After they sleep, things settle down and ping drops into the 100-something range for me.

Hope this helps a bit.

Rocket45

04-19-2011

thanks for the reply, do you have any idea how to download the Chinese version of LOL?

Rocket45

04-19-2011

bump

Psytric

04-19-2011

The official Chinese LoL website is http://lol.qq.com/
I suggest using google toolbar or another such auto-translator to navigate the site, you should be able to find a link in there somewhere.

Edit: Found what I think is the link at http://lol.qq.com/download.shtml

Good luck!

Rocket45

04-19-2011

Ya I found that link before, all it does is give you QQ a download manager, from where I tried to download LOL and the download would never start