Team needs a tank - what to do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

What do you do when your team picks all dps champions, or maybe a couple cant make their minds up and wait until 30 seconds left until they pick their champ, and you need a tank? In this situation i want to pick a tank to improve our chances of winning, but i dont because of masteries.. so what to do? hastily re-master and hope you can do it in time? or dont worry about the masteries at all and just stay with your DPS build?

SmecssRaege

02-27-2010

Edit: I stand corrected, don't remember ever being able to do that before but there you go XD

The masteries arent a HUGE difference, you can easily play a tank in ANY mastery (even offense)

So man up, and pick a tank, or wait 20 more seconds to see what they do =P

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
You cant change your masteries once you are in the champion select screen
Yes you can. They do make a dramatic difference, especially the big ones like Meditation (5mp/5? Yes please), Veteran Scars, Archaic Knowledge, and (if combined with movement speed quints) swiftness.

thehornfreak84

02-27-2010

It's kinda sad that you are a "senior member" and you don't know that you CAN change masteries at champ select. Just click on your masteries and it'll pull up the mastery trees. If your computer is runs the client slowly you may not have time to adjust, just suck it up. I have sometimes changed my masteries if I think i have enough time, but make sure you know a few general mastery builds ahead of time so you don't need to theorycraft on the spot.

gunsharp

02-27-2010

You choose Twitch and say that you're going tank build and then hope someone dodges.

SaulOrNothing

02-27-2010

pick ali, build howver you want and he is still a wonder tank.

/thread

Rectal Necrosis

02-27-2010

Don't pick a tank if you can't play a tank. You'll do more good for your team playing as your team's fifth DPS character than you will if you play a tank when you don't know how to play tanks. Once you're in game give yourself health items that will benefit your DPS character. Almost any DPS character can benefit from a frozen mallet and a trinity force, so no worries.

zarthforums

02-27-2010

Tanks don't need masteries to do well. Just alastors and maybe rammus too for CDs. Alot of the tanks can serve as dps: chogath, maphite, nunu on ap or insane mspd dps nunu, kayle with warmogs and atmos or AP, etc.

First thing you do is chat with the team to see if anyone else with better mastery or plays a better tank would switch though.

McShoot1

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
Don't pick a tank if you can't play a tank. You'll do more good for your team playing as your team's fifth DPS character than you will if you play a tank when you don't know how to play tanks. Once you're in game give yourself health items that will benefit your DPS character. Almost any DPS character can benefit from a frozen mallet and a trinity force, so no worries.

he obviously knows he can change his masteries but it takes time and if you don't know your tank build well u end up screwing it up... no brainer really u totally misinterpreted what he said

Rectal Necrosis

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by McShoot1 View Post
he obviously knows he can change his masteries but it takes time and if you don't know your tank build well u end up screwing it up... no brainer really u totally misinterpreted what he said
That's the point mate, don't even worry about picking a tank or messing with your masteries whatsoever. Most of the time when you hit level 30 you'll have a full premade who will have specific roles. On the odd chance you do manage to pub then its a pub, play your character and accept the angry noob queue dodge. 30 seconds is too short to change masteries, accept what you have and play your DPS character.

Also, can you spell "You" properly instead of abbreviating it next time? I figure that's a no brainer.