Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rock it out with Lady Gragas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DÓA

03-08-2010

From what I have seen, maybe I do not understand fully....

It just does not seem like you can make him any kind of damage dealer without making him squishy/useless end game.

Why would you not tank build him and try to reduce cooldowns?

Hope for a couple kills early before people get items and surpass you in damage vs. armor. Then just spam abilities and try to get assists off the carry later?

That seems to be about all you can do. If you are there mainly to assist (which seems to be what he is best at), why not just try to make sure you are always in the lane/mix so you can take advantage of any opportunity to help your carry which is your REAL damage dealer?

nicosharp

03-08-2010

My first 15-20 games with Gragas I went AP, very similar to this guide - making an early nashor's tooth. Since then Ive been experimenting with DPS and Tank/Cooldown Gragas. I find Tank/Cooldown to be the most useful and best way to play him so far. You do less sporadic damage that the AP build is good for (when your decent with barrels), but you can farm just as well if not better, and your burst damage is strong. You can help win team fights more so due to your survivability and constant pressure you can apply with constant slow.

TheMountainGoat

03-08-2010

haunting guise is totally unnecessary, especially with that 9/0/21 mastery build + nashor's tooth. you don't need that weak ass mana regen OR that health regen because you should be recovering plenty of mana with drunken rage and fiend codex/nashor's, and grabbing a warmog for the heaps of HP and regen it gives you.

i also don't understand what you're doing with all that attack speed (nashor's + last whisper) if the only survivability you have it from rylai. you don't have lifesteal, hard disables, or the massive damage output to justify getting in close to enemies with only 2500 HP.

Smashus

04-12-2010

I have been slowly leveling him up and saving my Points for runes when I hit level 20. Here are some reasons why I agree with Joey. Like I said, I do not have runes yet, but I offer a tremendous amount of utility late game, while being a legit harassing d-bag early game.

I go AP, with sorcerers boots and haunting guise early. After that I go straight for Rylai's Scepter. The aoe slow is unbelievable useful with both his ultimate and barrel rolls.

The thing that makes Gragas so good early and late is that he can literally defend a tower against 5 champions by himself. I am not saying that this is the case all the time, but could you think of a better champion at defending, late game, than a relatively well built AP Gragas?

He is not meant to be a carry. What he is, is a setup man. He can push a team away from a tower they are defending, or he can knock them into your team. The reason to go AP on him is that his nukes do a significant amount of damage. Early to mid game, is when I get all my kills with him, late game, is when I feed my teamates kills. There is no running from a an AP Gragas with body slam and Rylai Scepter barrel rolls and cask. Another reason why i like him so much, on top of the fact that he is a good caster, but he is a very tough caster to kill..

I can't wait to get to level 20 and load my rune page with magic pen and AP.

Fyre Nation

07-06-2010

Quote:
Grimjack:
Since the last patch, practically every game i play I am stuck with 2 or more low level players that queued together.

There isnt anything I can do about what those numbers look like with the team that the MM has given me.

You get a 15, 7, 9 and two level 30 verses 30,30,30,30,29 and your numbers will look the same.

Perhaps calling me kid, when my speech is clearly more articulate than yours, makes you believe that your argument is better validated. For the record, I'm 41...I would be suprised if your father was older than me.

The real flaw in your argument, beside the fact that you aren't a Gragas player yourself of very many games, is that you are blindly sticking by your friend instead of objectively addressing Gragas and his build.

You have not justified how with 400ap (which is good for Gragas seeing as he buys 2 CD items) that he is producing 580 damage barrel every 5 sec and nothing else but an ultimate every 36 sec.

This particular build cant tank and cant melee because of lack of defense for more than a few hits. That means no snaring or at best infrequently and a group contribution of under 100 dps and the 36 sec ultimate.

That is downright piss-poor performance, even from Gragas.

lololololol a 41 yr old who plays League of Legends.

Sparro

07-06-2010

my grandfather plays this and hes 79.... and hes pretty **** good at it too =/

age is no reason to not play a game

Skelenaut

07-18-2010

Great guide joey, by far the funnest way to play Gragas, in my opinion.

But I have to ask, what did you replace Haunting Guise with since it was changed?

Skelenaut

07-21-2010

anybody have an answer? I'd hate to stunt my Gragas with an outdated item build...

MisterExpendable

08-06-2010

This guide is great.
Made me much better with Gragas and made my scores much better.
I love Gragas's ult, gets a point of damage for of every point of AP (Truly Awesome)
Thank you for this awesome guide!

Dianetics

08-06-2010

Gragas is a good counter to heimer due to his extreme mana/health efficiency and ultra long range spells.