Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rock it out with Lady Gragas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pselpz

02-28-2010

This seems like some great suggestions and tips, I'm going to give Gragas a go after reading it!

incrediblyjoey

02-28-2010

Quote:
Pselpz:
This seems like some great suggestions and tips, I'm going to give Gragas a go after reading it!

That's good to hear. I hope it goes well for you. :3 If you have any more questions, message me in game some time. I'm on pretty often.

Emergencia

02-28-2010

+1 for this guide because Lady Gaga is awesome.

Grimjack

02-28-2010

This is a bad build for a not-so-great champ to begin with.

With max cooldon, barrel roll is 5-6 sec recast. Thats all you have for damage, beside your ultimate every 36 seconds.

You cant melee end game, because you have no defense items. Dont spin that 26% damage reduction allows you to be in melee with other level 18 carrys either, because you'll be dead in a few seconds.

Even with 400AP..your barrel roll is only hitting for 580 before magic resist..That isnt even 100 dps and thats only if you have 40% cooldown reduction...in other words its laughable.

It is AoE, and its enough to kill steal people your groupmates have almost, but not quite killed.

Any guide saying barrel roll is a good skill after level 6 is a guide not worth the time it takes to read.

02-28-2010

Quote:
Grimjack:
This is a bad build for a not-so-great champ to begin with.

With max cooldon, barrel roll is 5-6 sec recast. Thats all you have for damage, beside your ultimate every 36 seconds.

You cant melee end game, because you have no defense items. Dont spin that 26% damage reduction allows you to be in melee with other level 18 carrys either, because you'll be dead in a few seconds.

Even with 400AP..your barrel roll is only hitting for 580 before magic resist..That isnt even 100 dps and thats only if you have 40% cooldown reduction...in other words its laughable.

It is AoE, and its enough to kill steal people your groupmates have almost, but not quite killed.

Any guide saying barrel roll is a good skill after level 6 is a guide not worth the time it takes to read.

First of all: No. Barrel Roll is ONE of his TWO Nukes. You don't seem to be counting Body Slam, but it does it's part in damage.

As for Melee: More body slam spam and some barrels, chucking his ult if he's in a bad spot. If it doesn't look like he can handle it, Gragas has one of the best escape abilities in game currently.

He DOES have 40% CDR. He also has 36 Magic Pen (Runes/Items) and a 15% Magic Pen from the Masteries. I've played with joey enough to see that spell's damage and trust me kid, it hits like a truck. And his Barrel Roll IS good after level 6, so I don't know what the **** you're talking about there.

Grimjack

02-28-2010

Quote:
Mr Tibbers:
First of all: No. Barrel Roll is ONE of his TWO Nukes. You don't seem to be counting Body Slam, but it does it's part in damage.

As for Melee: More body slam spam and some barrels, chucking his ult if he's in a bad spot. If it doesn't look like he can handle it, Gragas has one of the best escape abilities in game currently.

He DOES have 40% CDR. He also has 36 Magic Pen (Runes/Items) and a 15% Magic Pen from the Masteries. I've played with joey enough to see that spell's damage and trust me kid, it hits like a truck. And his Barrel Roll IS good after level 6, so I don't know what the **** you're talking about there.

Your reading comprehension is poor.

I said he cant melee with this build because he has no defense items, and he doesnt. 26% damage reduction is not keeping him alive for very long vs higher level carries. So, no, body slam doesnt count as a second nuke.

This build gives you barrel roll on a 5.5 sec recast and thats it besides the ultimate on a 36 sec cooldown.

If Gargas were using this build, he would be a waste of a group slot, morso than he is with better builds. 500+ damage before magic defense reduction every 6 sec is less than 100 dps total output. A tank with sunfire capes can surpass that...

I have 65 games played with Gargas currently, feel free to check out my profile. I am well aware of how bad this build is and how bad barrel roll is in general.

Raygr

02-28-2010

No offense but compareing his build to your build to your build it looks like the Topic creators Gragas is contributing more to the team then yours. At least his barrels would contribute early game and some mid game. Your build looks...well, I want to say tankish, but I can't see you giving them a reason to bother with your gargas in the first place or even wincing from your barrels.

I could be wrong of course and you have a good reason for your choice of items. Which if you do I would love to read on how you use him as this hero is fun to play and I like seeing differing styles.

Grimjack

02-28-2010

Um, I've played every conceivable build there is over my now 66 games. I've played the one in this guide many times.

The build I use currently is a variation of the only thing that works for this champion..and even then hes still a bad champion, that no one should be writing guides for..because hes that bad.

One more patch that buffs him and that may change.

PS..ever early game Gragas barrel do the same damage, because you dont have items.

02-28-2010

Quote:
Grimjack:
I have 65 games played with Gargas currently, feel free to check out my profile. I am well aware of how bad this build is and how bad barrel roll is in general.

Trust me kid, I did. And I'd have to agree with Raygr. Your tank doesn't seem to provide too much of anything, and nearly all of your last 10 games were losses, especially with Gragas. Your 2-10-5 and your 0-11-4 games don't help me to believe you much either. ESPECIALLY with those tanks item. You don't even have an appropriate number of assists to offset your feeder-like numbers. Believe what you will, but I'm standing by Joey's side and shaking my head at yours. :/

incrediblyjoey

02-28-2010

I don't know where you got the idea that I even mentioned soloing carries. The most I ever said this build could take one on one is a squishie or a semi squishie. If soloing one of the aforementioned characters is the case, then body slam does count as a THIRD nuke. 3 because there should be no reservations about casting your ult to knock them away from their escape route.