Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xin Zhao - How to counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

6Hell6Saint6

04-18-2011

Well, idk if this is the right forum to ask it, but...

How can I counter xin? I mean... he jump on 5 guys, ult, tank for a while, his team come and kill us. If we just ignore him... well... Ashe (or any other AD ranged carrier.) is dead, or at least jumping and running as hell.

At 1v1... well, i think that only olaf/tryn/jax, maybe a fed yi can kill him...

I dont think he's so much OP, but I cant think in a good way to counter him (focus = his whole team will destroy us. dont focus = he WILL kill someone. run = well, we're slowed, probably he has frozen mallet so the AD cant run... lost.)

and yeah, i'm newbie, so if anyone has tips or something, i would appreciate *.*

Whodie

04-18-2011

CC him and focus him = GG

SuperMoska

04-18-2011

As a Xin Zhao player, I can tell you that what you don't want is for your whole team to be clustered together. Because his ult will just destroy you, and also to make sure he is not fed from farming or early kills.

Make a tactical withdraw as well when Xin charges in by himself, his team will be too far behind to actually help him. So usually you can CC him then have your whole team back off from the teamfight, if you focus him or ignore him, then either way you will just be fighting on THEIR terms.

What you want is for your team to initiate first so that they fight on YOUR terms, combined with Xin Zhao not being farmed up, and that's pretty much how you should fight every time actually.

Beoferith

04-18-2011

To start, I mained Xin in ranked (But he's alot harder to play now) and he will destroy just about anyone but jax or trynd 1v1 if both are equally fed. If you are a squishy like ashe or MF don't even think about trying to fight him 1v1. He excels at 1v1 fights and will destroy squishes. However he drops under focus fire real quick and has nothing going for him in team fights aside from his ult (which is countered by don't stand so close together) Also are you doing 3v3 or 5v5? Cause he is pretty godly 3v3 but much less so 5v5.

6Hell6Saint6

04-18-2011

I play only 5v5.

Hm... so the problem probably is team feeding at early xD because usually CC him + focus fire = he will stay alive and we have no CC for their carriers...

ps: WHO try to 1v1 xin with ashe? O.o''

Thanks for the tips... i'll try both: CC and kill (after that i suppose we run and wait the CDs. xD) or CC and run.

Jimmie Rustled

04-18-2011

i dont really counter but i like to play fire with fire

so what i do is get udyr with massive attack speed, crit strike and damage, and i killed him in 1v1 since i can stun nearly continuously. Usually i wait for him to use his stuns and skills on somone else and then run in, stun, and rape.

Tidy Cat

04-18-2011

Xin is like a rattle snake, when you hear that *sssSSSHING* sound back off. Once he gets you in his grip you're in trouble (which is why CC is useful), so stay out of range of his leap until his pop-up wears off and you can make him waste a lot of mana.

Prince Kassad

04-19-2011

Just continuously back off until you have the upper hand. I know it sounds like your whole team is going out of their way for one champion, but constantly retreating from fights is a more effective counter to xin zhao than other champs.
A. he seems stronger than most champs because of all the benefits he receives from attacking. If you put him on the defensive you will see how useless he becomes
B. he is easily gankable and has no good escape mechanism. if you dont give him the opportunity to pick people off constantly, it will force him to jungle or farm minions in lane for money. This really leaves him vulnerable to ganks
C. he has absolutely no ranged ability, so he cannot kite at all. however, he is also resistant to kiting because of his powerful dash
D. the most important thing is that you do not allow him to initiate a fight. his team will have the advantage from the start if he does. do not let him sneak up on you, and if you see him coming just retreat. always try to fight him on your terms. if one of your teammates initiates against his team, he will not get the opportunity to go tear up your ashe or MF they way he would if he initiates. basically, xin isnt versatile in team fights. your initiators/tanks should keep him CC'd while you focus damage on their nukes and carries. after you take them out, go for xin and you will realize that he doesnt have much defensive options

Danmal

04-19-2011

Most support characters can easily deal with Xin. Just have your dps carry kite him with support from Janna, taric, soraka, etc. If he gets knocked away after using his dash he has a hard time doing much.

Bolby

04-19-2011

Hes a 1v1 champ, to fight him 1v1 is your issue. If you want a chance at beating him 1v1 go udyr or something, but this isn't a solo game soooooo.