Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Error Loading Launcher: Direct3d"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nio Harr

04-18-2011

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 Home Basic 32bit on my Macbook Pro with VMware Fusion. I just finished installing the operating system yesterday and the game was downloaded by today in the morning. I installed the game and attempted to run it and received the error "Error Loading Launcher: Could not Load Direct3d". After checking that I had SP1 for Windows 7, I downloaded DirectX End-User Runtime, which I thought would fix the problem but it didn't. My computer meets the minimum system requirements to run the game, so I assume it must be a software issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Fightzilla

04-19-2011

I just had the same thing happen on my laptop, so far every other thread has recommended updating drivers and directx

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

04-19-2011

Check your Device Drivers to see if your VM is properly using your video card or using an emulated video card.

Nio Harr

04-19-2011

It worked! Thanks for your help.

Mowgli The Wolf

04-23-2011

I am having the same error with the launcher I have tried uninstalling many times updated my drivers and .net framework etc etc.....how do i check my device drivers to see whether it's using my video card or not

b0ooo

05-03-2011

I have the same stupid problem. Reinstalled LoL and problem still exists.

Inevitables

05-03-2011

How do you check your device drivers because its happening to me aswell

Powerplaygg

06-11-2011

I've been getting the same error, were after executing the launcher an error box pops up saying:

"Error Loading Launcher"
"Could not load direct3d"

I think it has something do with the drivers but I'm not sure how to find out.

Mkddfreak

07-16-2011

I don't know why this is Happening... Last night I was playing LOL on my computer right? And now this afternoon it doesn't work... This has been happening on and off all the time and I don't know what is going on... Please help

SARR0W

08-27-2011

it says the same thing when i try to start the game
could not load direct 3d i was woundering if anyone figured it out