Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheKindShadow

04-18-2011

I recently bought Warwick and am looking for good builds

oh... and within the last week I somehow got some RP. How would that happen?
but I'm ok with it cause I bought a Warwick skin.

My last game's build was...

Boots of mobility

wriggle's lanturn

Frozen malet

and I started something else...

Lizto

04-18-2011

Everyone is getting 350RP.

About Warwick, I like building him tanky, I tend to rush madreds bloodrazor taking greaves or treds depending on whether the enemy has alot of cc or not. I wouldnt get wriggles on ww, mainly cause you want madreds bloodrazor's 4% per hit on your ult, which is what makes WW's ult hurt. After that, you can get phage followed by mallet so that nobody can ever escape from your grasp. After that Id get Guardian angel followed by Banshees Veil. Then its really up to you, maybe get Atmas Impaler, Bloodthirster.

If you want a more dpsy warwick, then go for madreds bloodrazor, 2x BT, greaves, Banshees, atmas (getting items in no particular order after getting boots and bloodrazor)

IanTheDragon

04-18-2011

well madreds razor is an absolute must, then for boots get mercs treads if they have heavy cc, if not get sorcs boots...yes sorcs boots, after get a bloodthirster, Banshees Veil, hextech gunblade and depending on the game either get another tank item (GA) or another gunblade

TheKindShadow

04-18-2011

What about this build?

In no particular order...

Last whisper

Sword of Divine

Infinity Edge

Frozen malet

Blood Thirsters

Boots of mobility (if you gank a lot) / Mandreds Bloodrazors / Phantom Dancer

Something to think about.....

6 rahab's death caps and hungering strike

IanTheDragon

04-18-2011

Quote:
Flamefur:
What about this build?

In no particular order...

Last whisper

Sword of Divine

Infinity Edge

Frozen malet

Blood Thirsters

Boots of mobility (if you gank a lot) / Mandreds Bloodrazors / Phantom Dancer

Something to think about.....

6 rahab's death caps and hungering strike

lol that's why I have hextechs in my build...hungering strike...more dmg plus spell vamp= uber healing

Lizto

04-18-2011

You dont really want last whisper on WW, get black cleaver if the enemy's armour is an issue, itll help you attack even faster, which will benefit your madreds bloodrazor and your healing per auto-attacks.

Tbh, I had never thought about it, but yes, Gunblade would probably be a great substitute for BT (especially if youre a lane-wick), maybe even add a spirit visage, and lulz youre gonna heal like a beast.

NOTE: Madreds is a MUST, you HAVE to get that on WW, thats the only requirement, after that you can play with your build and he will generally be good. I dont like Boots of mobility on him cause 1) its 20more ms, and you easily get 400 without them 2) WW is a fast runner, fast enough to surprise people, by the point you hit them once (either with mallet or red) they wont be able to escape from you, and with madreds+ult youll easily deal 40% of peoples hp, add in a hungering strike and thats another 10-15%, congrats you now gained your blood scent speed! 3) you want greaves to make bloodrazor even better since its an on-hit effect, or even sorc boots since its magical damage.

ZXPrototype

04-18-2011

MBR and spell pen (sorc boots masteries, possibly mpen marks) is the best possible damage output by ww. This is heavy item compression, as with one expensive item and some supplements you rip apart those foolish enough to get mroe hp than resistances. The reason why you want to compress you offensive items for WW as building survivability after the damage will yield the best results.

my build is normally
madreds razor-->level2 boots--> spirit visage-->start finishing MBR. If you go straight for the MBR, you'll be super squishy and a rotation will kill you.

JayceJa

04-19-2011

madreds+malady+sorcerers shoes is a build that cant go wrong really, from there you can get wits end+banshees against magic damage, or atmas+mallet against physical, GA is always nice late game

other good addons to the build are abyssal scepter replacing the banshees alongside wits end/malady/bloodrazer for further increasing magic damage while protecting you against mages, or a void staff for when you dont really need as much defense
a deathfire grasp may seem weird, but you are melee with hungering strike also dealing % damage making them great opening combo for tearing down tanks, and you are building MrPen/reduction for your on hit items anyway

however if you want more of a physical build, a wriggles lantern is viable over a madreds, itll give you much more early game advantages for being so cheap and so ****ed good
end game id shoot for having mallet+atmas+banshees+cleaver+wriggles+boots, if the game goes even longer, the wriggles can be swapped for a bloodthirster
the order would depend on the game, id start wriggles->basic boots->phage->upgraded boots in most cases

if you want a pure damage build because you have an awesome initiating tank or something and dont need the defense, wriggles+starks+ghostblade+cleaver+zerker greaves+mallet(mallet is there for the slow, if you really dont need any health from it, you could potentially leave it as phage and upgrade to triforce when youve filled your inventory)

IanTheDragon

04-21-2011

Quote:
JayceJa:
madreds+malady+sorcerers shoes is a build that cant go wrong really, from there you can get wits end+banshees against magic damage, or atmas+mallet against physical, GA is always nice late game

other good addons to the build are abyssal scepter replacing the banshees alongside wits end/malady/bloodrazer for further increasing magic damage while protecting you against mages, or a void staff for when you dont really need as much defense
a deathfire grasp may seem weird, but you are melee with hungering strike also dealing % damage making them great opening combo for tearing down tanks, and you are building MrPen/reduction for your on hit items anyway

however if you want more of a physical build, a wriggles lantern is viable over a madreds, itll give you much more early game advantages for being so cheap and so ****ed good
end game id shoot for having mallet+atmas+banshees+cleaver+wriggles+boots, if the game goes even longer, the wriggles can be swapped for a bloodthirster
the order would depend on the game, id start wriggles->basic boots->phage->upgraded boots in most cases

if you want a pure damage build because you have an awesome initiating tank or something and dont need the defense, wriggles+starks+ghostblade+cleaver+zerker greaves+mallet(mallet is there for the slow, if you really dont need any health from it, you could potentially leave it as phage and upgrade to triforce when youve filled your inventory)

GA is only useful early on...late game it is really a sub-par item...by end game it really can't save you....merely postpone your death by a few seconds

JayceJa

04-21-2011

Quote:
IanTheDragon:
GA is only useful early on...late game it is really a sub-par item...by end game it really can't save you....merely postpone your death by a few seconds

thats true on tanks where by the time it procs they are the only one left, but on carries it is useful late game as you should be getting focused early, at which point when you die, they start hitting other people, then when you revive, you can go back to fighting, especially with your rather powerful heal,
sure, they will likely go back to focusing you again, but swapping focus targets like that is near impossible for teams that are not very well organized, at least not without some waste, in the best case they dont go back to focusing you straight away and you do a lot of damage, in the worst case, you give your allies more time to do damage while doing a little more yourself

GA is also nice for the mixed defenses which go well if you grab a mallet. and if you have quite a bit of health with lower defenses, a GA will give more effective health than other defense items without its passive

its not always the best choice, but its pretty much always a good choice