Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What are the current states of all champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valithria

02-27-2010

I am a level 13 with about a 1/1 win lose ratio and i've been playing Eve most of the time because it is easy to dominate with her in pubs. But after reading the forums a lot, I see people saying how certain champions are OP, some are UP and others are not even worth using and such. I also hear Eve becomes pretty useless later on.

So can yall tell me how all the champions are? Which ones are worth using in low to high elo games? Which ones are UP and which ones are OP? Basically, I don't want to spend my time learning a champion just to find out it's useless in higher elo games.

rewt

Recruiter

02-27-2010

read some tier lists

L0CUST's: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=50866

eve is good if you are level 13, once you get to level 30 and start playing the real game, the battlefield changes and it's an entirely DIFFERENT game

and there are low lvl 30 games and high lvl 30s, once you get into the we need a tank, cc, damage mindset, strategy gets real fun. but some people dont like the really high level games so they make smurf accounts and play eve at low levels.

Isik

02-27-2010

...That tier list is on serious drugs...

Teemo tier 5? I'd think the list was going backwards but, for example, Alistar and Fiddle are in tier one.
Poppy down that low too? I think this guy wasn't really thinking.

Kinney

02-27-2010

Quote:
Valithria:
I am a level 13 with about a 1/1 win lose ratio and i've been playing Eve most of the time because it is easy to dominate with her in pubs. But after reading the forums a lot, I see people saying how certain champions are OP, some are UP and others are not even worth using and such. I also hear Eve becomes pretty useless later on.

So can yall tell me how all the champions are? Which ones are worth using in low to high elo games? Which ones are UP and which ones are OP? Basically, I don't want to spend my time learning a champion just to find out it's useless in higher elo games.
Eve is a pubstomper, as are Twitch and Shaco to a lesser extent. People don't communicate well enough to keep track of where you are, don't coordinate well enough to focus fire you, and are too selfish to buy wards. Against an organized team, Eve gets owned pretty hard.

Joru

02-27-2010

Quote:
Isik:
...That tier list is on serious drugs...

Teemo tier 5? I'd think the list was going backwards but, for example, Alistar and Fiddle are in tier one.
Poppy down that low too? I think this guy wasn't really thinking.

The tier list is mostly meant to apply to the very top ELO bracket. A lot of champions considered subpar or worthless at the highest level of play do well at lower ELO levels because people use different strategies and games just play out differently in general.

dovvntempo

02-27-2010

http://www.solomid.net/forums/index.php?/topic/345-new-top-500-elo-list

notice how L0cust is #9 on the list.

among top players, the game plays differently and certain things don't work, and certain attributes come out that you wouldn't think of being helpful. Regardless of tier, every champion has something to offer to their team and it's THIS you must consider when evaluating who to use. What do they bring to the team?

A champion like eve is very nice to have if she's fed. She takes down the carries immediately and gimps the entire team if they are dumb enough to not get oracle. If she is shut down through repeated deaths or simply vision wards / oracles, then all she has to contribute to the team is one measely stun that requires getting into melee range. I hate having an unfed Eve on my team. All she can do is watch from the sidelines... waiting for our 4 v 5 teamfight to slide into our favor miraculously w/o her help just so she can pick someone off. Useless.

Consider some of the higher tier champions. Say anivia for example. Even if she isn't fed, she can slow and stun an entire team. That's a huge asset. Or consider morgana's long range, long duration snare (dark binding) and her incredible spell shield... or aoe ult that can stun. Oh and her aoe damage from tormented soil. Or nasus, with an incredible slow, aoe dot plus armor reduction ability + an incredible aoe ult + tanking ability. Corki has an aoe blind, aoe burst, huge range, armor reduction with black cleaver... jeez. Or consider fiddle, who can single-handidly make an entire team useless with a bouncing dark wind or make a carry useless for 3 seconds due to terrify (Q).

Any champion can get fed and do incredible damage in their own way. It's what they have to offer your team even if they're not fed that you have to consider when judging how good they are.