Quick Strat question: Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Randyblythe

02-27-2010

With the recent patch, gold card no longer contains a slow. I was curious as to what the veteran TF players were doing to make up for this. Are you using Rylai's now? Are there any major strategic changes other than this that you have made to counter the nerfs?

Sorry if this was already asked, and thanks for any responses!

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-27-2010

It changes nothing..

The Farkinator

02-27-2010

God card is already powerful enough. However, I often do get Rylai's as a post-mejai's post-lichbane item if I am getting focused. The slow doesn't really do much for Twisted Fate, since he is more of a single target guy.

EDIT: Gold card sorry. Or is it the same thing?

Scizor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyblythe View Post
With the recent patch, gold card no longer contains a slow. I was curious as to what the veteran TF players were doing to make up for this. Are you using Rylai's now? Are there any major strategic changes other than this that you have made to counter the nerfs?

Sorry if this was already asked, and thanks for any responses!
Rylai's slow effect lasts for only 1.5 seconds, so on top of the stun (1 second IIRC), it will be mostly irrelevant. As for the area effect slow that used to exist, I did not find it particularly useful, as the vast majority of gold card's benefit is the single target stun instead of the AOE damage.

Rylai's does help with wild cards, which you throw often, but since it's not a single target spell, the slow is only 15%. The main benefit of Rylai's for TF is the health bonus, but there are definitely better, less expensive survivability items to get for him. I've always preferred Banshee's Veil, which is cheaper, gives the needed spell block, health, mana, and magic resist.

As far as other strategic changes to counter the nerfs, TF plays pretty much the same way as before. The only main difference I've encountered is that you have to be a bit more conservative with mana in the early game and you get a little less mobility with gate than before.

Rectal Necrosis

02-27-2010

Nothing. I played when they nerfed my gate, I played when they nerfed my cooldowns, I played when they nerfed my AoE stun, I played when they nerfed my mana cost. I will continue to play even if Riot takes away the gold card all together, that's just who I am.

sainthero

02-28-2010

As long as it stuns it doesn't really change anything.