Trying to fix FPS lag

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Templus

04-17-2011

I'm not really sure if it will help or not, but I downloaded something called Game Booster and ran the game defragmenter on the Riot Games folder. It found a lot of fragmented game files. Could these fragmented files potentially be causing my FPS lag?

Maybe it's not so much the recent patches themselves that are causing FPS lag, but the way the patches are downloaded that causes the files to become fragmented causing FPS lag.

Game Booster also has some other enhancements to try and speed things up, so I'm going to try those as well.

Testing it out now.. will report back on my results..

UPDATE:

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game seems to have helped, also gave me a new (blue) patcer .. my old patcher was black and I guess never updated to the new one

Just tossing it out there .. try this:

- Completely uninstall game
- Download & install game again
- Patch
- Run GameBooster Defrag on the game folder
- Run GameBooster
- Run Game

Antartiida

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

so.. what about the results?

Don KiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-18-2011

His computer exploded,and he's in a hospital XD

Templus

04-18-2011

Results:

I think it may have helped slightly ... but not really

there goes my theory ..

has riot said anything officially about the FPS lag that has been steadily increasing with each patch yet? =\

my next step is re-downloading the entire game

Templus

04-19-2011

OK:

So I reinstalled the entire game (uninstall, download new client) and then updated, and then ran the defrag + game booster

Doing this gave me a totally new patcher that I didn't have before, my old patcher was black and I guess never updated to this new one when it should have, the new one is more blue colored

I've only played 2 games so far but it seems like the FPS lag is a hell of a lot better

Just tossing it out there .. try this:

- Completely uninstall game
- Download & install game again
- Patch
- Run GameBooster Defrag on the game folder
- Run GameBooster
- Run Game