[Build] Gragas The Overgrown Dwarf : DrYou

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrYou

02-27-2010

DrYou :: Gragas The Overgrown Dwarf

This build focuses on attacking. Barrels are not there damage wise, I’ve tried AP builds and been very disappointed. Tank builds are pointless to me because you become a useless piece of meat. You have plenty of health and a damage reduction self buff.

Base Item Build:

--Sheen
(Doubles your base damage which effects your Body Slam and the attack that follows. Also used in Trinity Force)

--Boots of Mobility
(Be the fastest. Speed is king, and if your build is good you shouldn’t need boots with other stats. Boots are for move speed, these give you the most… Movement speed in combat is something you only truly need if you misjudge the fight and don't use your skills correctly. Movement seed when trying to go from bot to top is out of your control but you need to get there asap late game to keep pushing while still being there for team fights and tower defense.)

--The Brutalizer
(Attack damage and Cooldown Reduction. Wish the passive wasn’t unique.)

--Trinity Force
(No more cooldown on your Sheen buff, plus tons of other useful stats including an extra slow.)

Additional Items:

--Nashor’s Tooth
(We need more Cooldown Reduction, and out of the choices this is the most fitting.)

--The Bloodthirster
(In the unlikely event that the game hasn’t ended, get more damage, life steal doesn’t hurt either)

Runes:
I go with what I already purchased, but changed out some for CD.

Marks: Attack speed.
Seals: Dodge
Glyph: Cooldown Reduction (Base)
Quintessence: Cooldown Reduction (Base)
10.77 CD Reduction @ lvl 1

Abilities:
Cleanse and Ghost

Masteries:
Full utility, rest in Def. Imp Ghost

Skills:
Barrel Roll
Drunken Rage
Body Slam

--Then just max in priority of:
Explosive Cask
Body Slam
Drunken Rage
Barrel Roll

Barrel Roll:
Good beginning game, good last hit. Fluff damage. Use to get Sheen Buff and passive heal.

Drunken Rage
Duh, always use it, and remember to always use it.

Body Slam
Your bread and butter. It has a low cooldown, does good damage, slows, closes gaps.

Explosive Cask
Good damage, low cooldown. Use to strait damage/last hit players, Knock enemy's into friendly towers, Knock enemy back towards you if chasing, save teammates.

Since the changes last patch were so recent this build is still open for change. I just wanted to get it up so people can try it and give feedback. I know Gragas isn't a god but that's what attracts me to him.

-DrYou

AFKray

02-27-2010

there is little reason to get boots of mobility. You can already speed around the map with Body Slam. Also, consider adding in a Glacial Shroud. CDR is king with gragas as it allows more body slamming.

DrYou

02-27-2010

Boots are always a matter of play style, if there were boots that offered attack damage or CD reduction I might opt for those but there isn't. As for Glacial Shroud, this build already has over 45% CD reduction and the cap is 40%. Plus the mana in Glacial Shroud is useless because Mid-Late game you shouldn't be running out, if I didn't have 10% CD in runes I would probably opt for another stinger or codex. I have tried Glacial Shroud though, not just looking at stats and saying I don't prefer it.

Thanks for the comment.